19. half & half

chapter nineteen, half & half

chapter nineteen,
half & half

Talulla was not only mildly annoyed at Scott and Stiles, but she was also highly disappointed

Talulla was not only mildly annoyed at Scott and Stiles, but she was also highly disappointed. The two boys decided it would be best for Talulla to stay outside in the car, so that they could get in and get out as quickly as possible.

Of course, Talulla understood what this meant, but if anything, she thought Stiles should be the one to stay since he's the only one who doesn't have the abilities that everyone else does. But, she could also feel a slight undertone to what the boys had told her, and that's what pissed her off the most.

Talulla knew that she was unpredictable at the moment. Nobody knew exactly what she was or what she could do, and she knew that it scared them, because it scared her as well. She doesn't know how she unlocked the car door the other day and she doesn't know why her eyes aren't yellow. It's not like she had had much time to just sit around and think about it, there was so much going on. She guessed there's no better time than right then. So, Talulla started going down the list of things she did know.

Claws? Check. Glowing eyes? Check. With that, she knew at least had half werewolf in her. But, purple eyes? Check, but no clue how that color came to be. Misty figure around herself when she looked with said purple eyes? Also check. It took her a second before it began to click.

She flickered her eyes to the purple color she hadn't gotten quite used to yet, staring herself down in the rearview mirror. And then she saw it, the purple mist floating around her, and that fox-like face meeting her very own eyes. That's when she knew, she was also half kitsune.

It made sense, Talulla did have a small amount of Japanese on her father's side, that's how she got her last name. And now she'd seen the same kind of figure around Kira, though hers seemed to be more fiery. Perhaps it had to do with what type of kitsune she was. Talulla remembers Mrs. Yukimura mentioned how there were multiple types. The Nogistune was a dark kitsune, Kira was a thunder kitsune, but just how many kinds were there, she didn't know exactly off the top of her head.

When Kira first joined their group, Talulla had gone on her own to do a bit of research about kitsunes, it was something she'd done with any new creature they came across. There was one she remembered that could do magic, and magic was the only option that could explain how she opened the car door the other day. It would've sounded crazy to anyone else, but to Talulla, it made perfect sense. Celestial kitsunes could do magic, because they had the power of the heavens, they were one of the most powerful types. Talulla didn't know if this made her feel more powerful, or more afraid. Did this make her more dangerous or more helpful to her friends?

A crack of lighting snapped beside her, causing her to jump nearly completely out the car seat. The rain was heavier now, and Talulla's eyes snapped to the front entrance to see metal doors slammed over every window and door. She must have missed them coming down when she was she so lost in thought. Malia and Kira rushed to the car getting in quickly, "What the hell happened in there?"

"No time, everything went to shit. Just get to the front!" Malia responded in a hurry.

Talulla grabbed the keys, shoving them into the ignition and wasting no time in pulling around to the front entrance. She could them all, even Lydia, who was hunched over and looked to be in terrible shape. Her clothes were soaked, along with her hair and her face looked paler than usual.

The three girls stepped out as soon the car came to a halt, "Is she okay?"

"No, we need to go. Give me the keys." Talulla dropped them in his hands, "We gotta get her to the clinic."

Their need to hurry was cut off when a cut up and shirtless Parrish fell to the ground in agony. Tracy was her, now holding onto a Lydia who could barely stand on her own, "Sorry, but she's coming with me."

"Tracy, you have no idea what's about to happen." Talulla spoke venomously towards her.

"I'm taking her, that's what's happening. And none of you are going to do a thing." As soon as her sentence ended, a loud pulse snapped at her, causing her to fall straight to the ground. Lydia had almost gone with her, but thankfully, Malia was there to catch her fall.

And there Natalie Martin stood, electron baton in hand, "Could somebody please get my daughter out of this hell hole?"

Talulla and Stiles both grabbed Lydia, helping to lift her up and into the backseat of the Jeep as Scott got into the driver's seat. Talulla held onto Lydia's hand, letting her rest her head on her shoulder, "You're going to be okay, Lydia. We're going to help you."

As she tried to keep Lydia calm, Stiles was in full-blown panic mode, "Scott, come on."

"Yeah, I'm trying." Came from the front seat. The Jeep was already in bad shape, certainly no shape to be speeding across town. The grinding of the car's gears seemed to only get worse the further they got.

Lydia struggled from beside her, "Come on, Lydia. We're almost there." Her eyes traveled to Stiles, "Stiles, cover your ears."

Talulla prepared herself for what she knew to be the loudest thing she'd ever hear. And it did not. disappoint as Lydia's senses overwhelmed her, intense screeching leaking out uncontrollably. The windows cracked as Scott accidentally swerved to the side.

Lydia continued to squirm, whimpering, "Lydia, hey! You're going to be fine. We're going to help you. We're going to make it."

She turned to meet Talulla's eyes, small words pointed towards her, "But you're not."

Those words left them all uneasy, and Talulla wasn't sure if that was a banshee premonition, or if she was referring to the blood dripping down both her and Stiles' ears. But when she saw the look on Stiles' face, she could tell there was something hidden beneath his eyes.

 But when she saw the look on Stiles' face, she could tell there was something hidden beneath his eyes

author's note !

word count: 1132
published: december 29, 2022
gosh i haven't written a chapter in quite some time. however, a goal of mine for 2023 is to finally finish this fanfic. i have no clue how many chapters i will write on this night, but all i know is that within this first quarter of 2023, wrecking ball will be finished !!