Midnight thoughts

Ludwig POV-

It's been a while in Russia's basement now and I believe that everyone's come to the realization that we would be spending days here. I look at the clock as the read 12:05 I had not slept I thought as I burry my head in papers on the desk given to me.

While everyone was sleeping soundly I asked UN for a map of the island so I may figure out the best course of action for us to take, but so far no luck. My eyes were going blurry as if I was a bout to cry but I didn't feel any sadness nor did I feel any tears coming. It was exhaustion I had not slept, I know it's unlike me but... I needed to get these plans done, the only thing that kept me awake was a single light bulb I had turned on to see.

I chose to make the plans on the first floor at the diner table, so I wouldn't interrupted anyone's sleep, they needed it with what happened to the place they once called home.

I saw the fire you know, I kept a close eye on it while we where running. Portions of the roof where destroyed and it seemed as if the hole North wing tower had collapsed. The fire was still strong from when I saw it but I could only imagine what it looked like before, yet the fire boggled my mind on how they could do such an act so quickly, with only 3 nations.

"Luddy?"

I hear a soft yet tired voice say coming from behind me, I turn around to see feli, hand on his eye as he wipes them trying to wake himself up, he stood there leaning on the door that connected to the hall way into room I sat at.

I could only imagine how much of a sad sight it looked liked. He's captain surrounded by dozens of papers with the map in the middle, he walked over picking up a book called The Russian wars and looked at me with flat eyes but didn't say anything. Instead he proceeded to start drawing circles in my back...

"I know-a why you-a chose to-a stay" he said he said keeping the circular motion, "it's-a because you-a feel bad...you-a feel bad and-a want-a to make up for-a things you've-a done in-a the past" he said his tired voice echoing threw his words. Feli knows me better then anyone, even more then my own bruder.

And he's right...I know now what my actions did from the past and maybe if I prove I'm a changed person I would be able to get the trust of every nation back.

Show them I don't need to be an enemy anymore but an ally to them, but even if I plan out the perfect plan in my head to tell them how sorry I am for everything I did, I can never get it out.

So...if I show them how sorry I am maybe they would trust me again.

I look over at my tired friend, his eyes barely open with small bags under his eyes. He looks back at my own blue ones and stops his rotating action on my back, "Vhat are jou doing up feli?" He gives back a small chuckle and goes to the kitchen opening the cabinets grabbing a granola bar. "Vee~ I could-a ask you-a the same thing" he says with a small but sincere smile on his face as he takes a seat to the chair next to me. As he opened the bar and started eating it, I sighed knowing he wouldn't leave until I did.

"Hmm it's just...this is my only chance...to show the others I'm a new nation. To gain there trust back and show them I'm a changed man, but if I fail this, I don't know vhen an opportunity like this is going to strike again so I need to use this to my advantage." 

I say looking at my hands and then back at my plans, feli looked at me and softly but slowly but his left hand in my right hand. "But how are you-a going to do that-a without a good night sleep, you can't function like this" he said finishing his snack. He got up a headed back to the basement and gestured that I fallowed him, "but it isn't even that late" I say confused

He looked at perplexed by what I said as he responded with his voice taken back, "luddy it's-a  past 3'o clock" I pinch my eyebrows together and look back at the clock reading it again as it said 3:42 am I truly that tired? "Come on luddy it's-a Time to-a sleep" he said rapping his arms around my shoulders.

"Yeah I guess jour right" I say, not bothering to go back downstairs as I set my head down on the table and slowly fall asleep. As a soft touch on my shoulder brought me with them, even if it was hard wood it felt like I was sleeping on a cloud and that's when I knew...

Everything was okay.