A Confusing Night

(Your POV)

"You're kidding." You said, sitting down on your bed in the dorm. Legosi tilts his head to the side, pausing from packing your clothes into your suitcase.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"I mean, it's crazy." You correct yourself. "The security guard of the school is a snake that lives in the ceiling and walls, and she asked you to find Tem's killer. It's crazy."

Legosi chuckled and laid down on the bed, next to you.

"I know." He said. "But, despite that, I still think I should find the killer. Tem deserves justice."

You lay down next to him, falling on your back next to him.

"I know you were friends with him, but..." You turn on your side to look at him, and he turns his head to look at you. "Don't you think that you should just...let the dead rest? Or let the past stay the past?"

Legosi gives you a look of confusion.

"Look, I'm not saying that Tem wasn't a good person, it's just..." You continue, tracing things on the blanket with your finger. "I don't want you to get hurt anymore. Legosi, you get yourself into too much trouble because you want to help a friend. I'm not saying it's a bad quality, to care, but you have to limit yourself on how far you decide to go."

Legosi turned on his side, too, and put one of his hands on the side of your shoulder.

"(Y/N)...I love you, you know that, but I feel like I have to do this." He said.

You opened your mouth to protest, but he interrupted you.

"This is different, (Y/N). Than all those other times. This time, someone gave me something to do. So, I feel like if I don't do what they say, then...then I'm letting them down. Especially...especially if it's an officer."

He gave your shoulder a little squeeze, then got up and continued packing.

"Who knows," He said, still packing. "Maybe she has connections. Maybe she could help you get out of the foster system."

You chuckled, sitting up and getting out of the bed. You grabbed Legosi's arm with both of yours, kinda hugging it, and pulled him towards the door.

"What're you—" He began.

"I want to go on a walk really fast." You said, opening the door and pulling him out. "Before our lives get crazy busy. Just one more moment with you for a little."

He smiled, and walked beside you. You two walked outside, into the moonlit night.

(Legosi's POV)

We had settled down into some arches next to a small, grassy area. I was sitting in one, leaning up to the arch's wall. And (Y/N) was cuddling me, his back resting on my chest as I was holding him.

We were just staying there, enjoying each other's presence. (Y/N) was getting a little heavier in my arms as time passed, he was gradually falling asleep.

"Legosi?" He spoke, his voice sleepy and quiet.

"Yes?" I answered. He shifted slightly so he could look up at me.

"Why haven't you kissed me yet?" He asked. "And I don't mean pecks on my forehead. Why won't you...you know...kiss me kiss me?"

I hesitated, but I loosened my grip on him a little bit. He got out of my arms and turned around to sit in front of me. He was slouching, and his arms were behind him, propping him up. His eyes were really droopy, but he was alert enough to be aware of me.