Thinking About You

Eventually, this had become our life.

I leave for school, (Y/N) takes up the whole day training and kicking ass, I come back. (Y/N) would normally be asleep by the time I'd come back, despite his nocturnal nature—he would be tired of a long day's work, like I am now.

It became a system. A routine.

One that, after a few months, I grew to hate.

The whole point of this situation was so that (Y/N) wouldn't be taken away, and I'd learn how to protect him. We'd be happy together. Living together.

But this?

We can barely stay awake to say hello, let alone consider it a living arrangement. And I'm nowhere closer to finding Tem's killer.

I just feel stuck.

I blink, and glance at the clock on the far end of (Y/N)'s room. 3:21. I consider waking him up, just to see him.

But I shouldn't.

He's as tired as I am.

I don't want to wake him because of my selfishness. That'd be rude.

I glance at the cracked door, checking if Gohin wants me anymore. I guess he's asleep.

I look back at (Y/N)'s lump
in the blankets—at his white, almost-glowing fur, his sleeping figure, his delicate eyelids shutting away his gorgeous eyes, the way his chest gently rose and fell every time he took a slow breath.

I smiled.

I walked over to his bed, and crawl on. Since he was sleeping on his side, I lay down behind him. Carefully, I drape one of my arms over him, holding him, and pull the thin blanket over us.

I kiss his head and close my eyes, drifting off.

(Y/N)... I think.

I miss you.

(Your POV)

"Woah..." You say, ripping a poster off the alley wall. "What's this?"

"Wanted poster." Gohin says, lighting (yet another) cigarette and smoking it. "Congratulations, you've been officially welcomed to the Black Alley Market."

Looking at it, you became unsettled by the words "Dead or Alive" underneath your picture. You looked up and noticed there was one for Legosi, too.

There was even one for the both of you. Someone had managed a blurry photo of you two standing together, and the top of the poster read:

"The Phantom Gemini—Dead or Alive, deliver to the Shishigumi"

"Huh." You said. "Cool nickname. Do wanted people typically get cool nicknames here?"

"Sometimes." He replied, taking the cigarette out of his mouth and letting smoke puff out. "But sometimes they don't last long enough for them to be referred to at all. So congratulations for making it this far."

Glancing back down at the individual posters of you and Legosi, you noticed you each had nicknames for yourselves, as well.

Yours read "Sensei Phantom" and Legosi's read "Twilight Giant."

Not to lie, both sounded pretty epic.

"Omigod, I need to tell Legosi—this is awesome." You said, whipping out your phone.

" You said, whipping out your phone