pluviophile [fluff]

pluviophile • lover of rain, one in which one find peace and calm in rain.

wordcount: 757

It was 10:26 PM after a long, tiring day at work and Dream was finally home. He tossed his bag on the couch and slipped off his jacket, setting it down.

The house was empty, only one dim light on in the kitchen. It was all so quiet except for the trickle of rain hitting the roof above him and the small kitten that meowed as she ran up to him--then another that followed her. Their paws pattered against the floor until they stopped right in front of Dream, rubbing against his ankle lovingly. This was how they greeted him most nights. 

"Ohh, hi girls." Dream whispered sweetly as he crouched down. He pet both cats who purred at the touch, content with the amount of affection they had before Dream got back up to find his boyfriend.

"George? Babe?" He called out. He figured there was no way George had already fallen asleep-- as he usually waited for Dream to get home--but then again it was always a surprise with him. He walked across the hall, each footstep creaking on the tiles beneath him, until he made it to their shared bedroom where the door was only slightly open. 

Dream creaked open the door and the room was dark like the rest of the house, all except a dim light emitting from their desk lamp. He leaned in the doorway without a word. George was sat on the window sit covered by a blanket. Though he wasn't asleep, he did seem to be in a deep thought as he stared outside at the rain, explaining why he must've not heard him call out. 

He knocked on the door gently, which got George to notice he was there. He gave Dream this soft smile that gave him this warm fuzzy and comforting feeling. Slowly, he walked over to George and for the first time experienced that comfortable silence everyone talked about. 

"How was work?" George asked, breaking the silence as Dream laid his head in between his legs, both of them facing the same direction. 

"It was okay, I missed you." Dream felt George playing with his hair which was relaxing in a sort. 

Dream turned his head to the window where water ran down the window. He watched as the wind blew leaves off trees and made all the plants wave in the breeze. The atmosphere felt safe, and he wouldn't change this moment for anything. 

An idea flickered in his mind. All over the media, in cliche movies he'd seen people who would dance in the rain. To him, it always seemed awkward. But now it felt like a good idea and something he wanted to do--plus it'd give both him and George something to remember. "Psst." Dream adverted his gaze up to George who still had his hands in his hair. 

He hummed a response and looked down to Dream, placing a quick peck on his forehead. 

"Can we do something?"

"Uh, it depends? What do you have in mind?"

"Let me just show you?" Dream sat up and grabbed onto Georges hand, dragging him up with him. George stumbled up and tried to keep up with Dreams pace, laughing all the while running across the house. 

"Dream!" He laughed, putting his other hand over the two that were already intertwined with love. 

He had no time to protest as his lover opened the back door, letting in a huge gush of cold rain and the fresh, cleansing scent of the plants that was carried in the breeze. The two ran out together with Dream in the lead, bringing them to the middle of their spacey yard. 

In a fit of small laughter and giggles, Dream hugged George and spun them both around, careful to not slip on the mud beneath them. George finally realized what they were doing. Dancing in the rain, like it was pulled out of a cliche rom-com. 

Dream strayed his hands to Georges waist and Georges hands went up to cup Dreams face. In that moment, they swayed a bit as their gazes met. While enjoying the peace, calmness and the tranquility of it all, they let themselves be bounded in a kiss. 

As rain hit down on them, soaking their hair, clothes, and skin, the two became tangled in one another's arms and engulfed in the moment--never wanting it to end. 

But yikes, was this going to be a pain to clean up when they got inside.