cheater [light angst]

[a/n] lets pretend like this wasn't inspired by carrie underwood. also hi im not sure if this is a return but hope u missed me im hopefully back now

prompt: george goes to sapnaps home after he found out dream cheated on him

wordcount: 877

"Okay, so what happened again?" Karl asked as he took a seat on the couch, trying to get a better understanding of the situation. Directly across from Karl was Sapnap,  who wore a worried expression undertoned by anger. 

"Alright uh, last night he was at my door upset, crying and all--he cheated on him, Karl. He really fucking cheated on him." As much as he wanted to, Sapnap refrained from slamming a fist onto the table. 

"Has Dream yknow, messaged you or anything?"

Sapnap rubbed his temples, calming himself down. "Yeah he did, he wanted to know if I had seen George. I told him no, I don't want him to show up here, George doesn't need that," He paused, shaking his head in disappointment. "And if I see his face, I swear to god Karl. I'm going to beat him black and blue."

Karl only nodded, unsure of how to respond to his anger. And as Karl left the room for a glass of water, knocks sounded against the door. 

Sapnap rose from his seat and approached the door, each step leaving a trail of dread behind him. He couldn't see, but just around the corner was Karl, watching in suspense as he finally opened the door. 

In front of him was a man who stood tall with sandy blond hair and an almost sorry look on his face. Sapnap could feel the pent up anger for George rise in him, as well as a tingle of adrenaline. He felt like he was in auto-pilot, and then and there he swung. He threw a sturdy punch right to is face, and Dream backed up but didn't dare to hit back. He knew he deserved it and more. 

"Sap-"

"Don't 'Sap' me, Dream. You are fucking scum, you know that? You lost George, and for what? One night with a chick who won't give you a second look." He spat out, his tone fueled by rage. Dream was his best friend, but George was too. In the past he could never imagine going off on him like this, but now he didn't even hesitate before shouting at him. 

Dream looked like he was about to cry, eyes glossy and all. He knew what he had lost, who he had lost but before he could even get a word in, he was once again interrupted.   

"You got so lucky and you messed it all up. George is amazing, he literally so amazing. You do not deserve him." 

"I know I don't, I know. I just need to talk to him, need to explain."

Sapnap took a deep breath before he did something he'd regret. "I think you should go."

"Please."

From behind him he felt a hand on his shoulder, and when he turned his head there George stood. He had this look on his face that Sapnap couldn't describe, but he beckoned him inside with the quick tilt of his head. Sapnap hesitantly agreed and gave George a short and sweet hug before heading in. 

"George.." Dream started as he sat down, "Can we talk?" 

The brunette only nodded, sitting down besides him but keeping distance. "Whats there to really talk about? You got bored, whatever." He shrugged off, giving his all into acting like this all hadn't stabbed a dagger into his heart.

"I didn't get bored, I didn't. I was just..drunk and reckless. Not thinking, if you will." 

"That's no excuse--"

"I know its not. I'm sorry, George, I'm so sorry. I don't know what got into me but I don't want to lose you."

George could feel the tears steaming down his flushed cheeks, and even if he wiped them away quickly they only kept coming. He wish it wouldn't hurt so much to hear his voice. And as much as his heart wanted to take him back, everything in his head was telling him not to. If he did this when he was drunk, George wondered if he'd ever done it when he was sober. 

He didn't want to lose Dream. He didn't want to lose all the memories they'd had together and he didn't want to lose their future, all the plans they'd made. 

Moving his hand to wipe away a stray tear from Dreams face, George pulled him closer and their foreheads pressed against each other. They only sat there, not moving a single muscle until George finally broke. He connected the gap in between their lips. 

The kiss wasn't sweet for long. George pulled away and only milliseconds after, he slapped Dream hard enough to leave a red mark. 

"Well, you already lost me." 

George stood up from the steps of the patio and went back inside, leaving Dream to process the all of what just happened. 

Sapnap and Karl were inside waiting for him, they'd seen it all from the window and were already there to comfort George. The three joined in a hug and Karl had already had some snacks, hot cocoa, and a movie prepared in the living room.