Chapter 2

Is this girl or Florence fucking crazy.

What should I say, do I say anything?

While my brain was still coming up with an answer my mouth decided it's fine I'll go first.

"I'm Iris." I smiled. And she smiled back.

"It's nice to meet you." She said looking back over to the monkeys

"It's nice to meet you as well." I said still looking at her and trying to be fancy because British people are fancy, I think.

"Do you like monkeys? There my favorite, I named that one Bruce." I said trying to initiate more conversation while pointing to one of the monkeys picking there nose. And she laughed. Yay

"I love them, there so cute and toddler like. Especially Bruce." She said and scrunched up her face.

After a moment of silence Florence spoke up. "Do you want to walk with me if you have nothing else to do today?"

"I would love to." This was just about the easiest question I've ever been asked. And just like that we continued our walk through the zoo.

Each time we stopped I would tell her a random fact about the animal we stopped to see and she would tell me 'you learn something new everyday'. And we would continue our walk going back and forth telling each other about our selves. She now knows about my Marvel obsession and that I write.

And I know that she has a cactus named Barry and she always carries Yorkshire Tea with her. My favorite part about meeting new people is learning everything about them. And learning about Florence is just about the best thing in the world.

She is funny and kind and silly and smart and interesting along with just a dash of crazy. She is amazing and I could spend the rest of my life walking around this zoo.

We had walked over to the snake exhibit and just as I was about to spit out some random fact Florence decided to talk. "You know I could totally be a murderer and you decided to walk around with me."

"I don't think your a murderer." I said while laughing. "I'm not but I could be." I just continue to laugh. "I'm glad that you walked with me though, I like your little tid-bits and facts."

"And I like your accent and your laugh,"

We waited a second and I felt a hand grab mine and drag me away from the window pulling me through the door to the next exhibit. Once we slowed down to a walk she didn't let go of my hand not that I'm complaining and we continued our journey.

We walked around for the remainder of the day and once we had seen everything we stopped by the gift shop, as we looked around I heard Flo sigh loudly trying to get my attention. I looked over to see her standing by a rack that had those little keychains with names on them.

"I can never find my name." She said with a pout. "it's cause your too special." I smiled.

"Look there's even an Iris one."

"Really?" I looked for it but Flo just laughed. "Ha ha." I said sarcastically. "Very funny."

"I thought so." We continued to look around until I found the most perfect thing for her. So I grabbed it off the wall and checked it out while she was still looking around.

"Watcha got there I hear behind me." I smile as I turn around. "BRUCE!" I say and pull out the stuffed monkey I had just purchased.

"Oh my god he's perfect!" She said. And I laughed. "Good cause I got him for you."

"No. I can't." "Yes you can and you will, this is me repaying you for an amazing day."

She smiled and to my surprise hugged me, and of course I hugged her back. "You could have just asked for my number or something."

"Can I have your number?" I asked mainly as a joke because I had just met her five hours ago. But she pulled out her phone and gave it to me so I took out my and did the same. Adding my number into her phone.

We handed our phones back.  And I look at her contact name.

Flo💛

" I'll see you around Iris." And she waved me goodbye

"Goodbye Florence." I whispered to myself as I turned around.