Chapter 10

Recap:
She stepped closer as if to listen, and she got closer and closer until we were a foot apart, this only making me more nervous.

"You know what, never-" I started to say but something stopped me.

And now back to our regular schedule programming:

I was shocked, I was standing in her door way about to shit my pants, when she leaned in and stopped the world from spinning,

My brain stopped working and, everything shut down, nothing else existed in this moment besides us. Just me and her in nothingness. Complete black.

I was stuck in my own thoughts,

my favorite quote has always been, "I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind" this being said by Edgar Allan Poe. At times I thought I could relate to this and understand it, I was wrong up until this point n time. In this moment I knew exactly what it meant.

And as I was stuck in my own head I didn't realize she pulled away.

She kissed and I just stood there like a fucking idiot.

"Oh my god, OH MY GOD!" She yelled. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me. Just forget I did that. I'm sorry."

She was about to close her door, when I stepped forward jamming my foot in the way, almost forcing myself in, I grabbed her face and pulled her back in. This time it didn't feel like it was just us, now it felt like every emotion, every person was feeling right in that moment I felt too.

I felt her wrap her arms around my neck to pull me in tighter, it felt like she would never let go and I didn't want her to.

Eventually we had too pull apart to breath. "Why would I want to forget that?" I question jokingly. She just slapped my arm lightly. "Don't be a smartass."

She pulled me into the room, and kissed me again, we stood by the open door for a moment before she pulled away and shut it. She held my hands and looked up to meet my eyes. "I like you, I like you a lot."

"I like you a lot too." I told her honestly.

"So... do you wanna get dinner some time?" I laughed and pulled her into a hug. "I would love to."

We let go and she walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a bag of chips from the kitchen cabinet, and walked over to the couch, sat down and turned on the tv. "You coming?"

"That's what she said."

I walked over to couch and plopped down right next to her, "did you seriously just say that?"

We ended up spending the rest of the night watching movies and throwing chips at each other, laughing, and just enjoying each other. It was perfect. And just the fact that half way through, "How to Train your Dragon" Flo was already asleep in my arms, now that was the cherry on the cake.

As much as I wanted to stay I had work early in the morning. I slipped out of Flo's grasp, and left a note explaining my absence to her. I rushed outside and headed home, in trusty old Shakira.

When I got home I was about to pass out on my couch not having enough energy to make it to my bed, but I got an idea and I had to jot it down so I wouldn't forget it in the morning. As soon as I did that I was asleep on my sofa.

The next morning I was woken up by a knock on my door, I checked the time to see if I was late for work but it was 5:45 AM and I didn't have to be at work until 7:15. Now then question is who would be at my door at 5:45 in the morning.

I open the door to find Flo standing there with two cups of coffee. "Good morning." she walks in whilst giving me a kiss on the cheek. That is never gonna get old.

"Good morning." I said taking one of the coffees from her hand and taking a sip. "As great as it is to see you what are you doing here?"

"Well I woke up at like two in the morning to find that you had left, I was confused for a moment but then I found your note, so I thought I would get you some coffee before work."

"Oh my god you are fucking perfection!" I said and kissed her head. "I love that I can do that now."

"Me too." she said as I walked to my room to get ready for work. When I came back out, Flo was sitting on the kitchen counter reading something, "What's that?" I asked

"I don't know, you tell me your the one who wrote it." She handed it to me. It was one of my creative poetry assignments from college. This one saying

"Through broken down sobs and, wretched tears,

she lost her mind and all her fears,

as time passed everything was strange,

she was mad, not angry, but deranged .

Through no fault of her own she lost her mind,

By loving someone who was all too kind."

"It's an old assignment from school, nothing important."

"I thought it was really good. I think you should write a book of poetry. You clearly enjoy writing it, there's papers filled with words practically everywhere in here." She wasn't wrong, my place has scattered papers from random 3AM burst of inspiration. "Maybe one day."

"Well you have my support."

"Thank you."

"Anytime."

So that's kinda fruity. I'm just sayin. Anyway respectfully fuck you💛

Love, Eliza