Chapter 3

I check my clock again for what has to be the 4th time tonight.

1:24 AM

"Fuck." I groan. I've been staring at this new contact in my phone for three hours, it's too late to actually call or even text but for some reason I can't wait until the morning.

I sit there for what feels like another hour but in reality it was only fifteen minutes, but I finally decided that I needed sleep. So I sat my phone down and closed my eyes.

I might have gotten 5 minutes of actual sleep before my phone started buzzing.

I pick it up and look to see who's calling when I see Flo💛 on the screen.

I scramble to answer the phone trying not to sound to tired. "Hey,"
"Hey, I know its terribly late." That smooth accent slipping through my phone.

"It's fine I couldn't sleep anyway."

"Neither could I that's why I called."

"Look at us a couple of insomniacs." I heard her stifle a laugh on the other end.

"I actually have a question for you."

"Shoot."

"What are you doing this Friday?"

Oh my god it's happening, she's asking me out. Is she? No why would she do that. Maybe because she likes you. That doesn't make sense. Yes it does you bought her a monkey. She might not have liked it though. Oh please she gave you a hug and thanked you for Bruce.

"Hello?"

I realize that I hadn't said anything while I was in my thoughts. If people could hear me fighting with myself they would think I'm crazy

"N-nothing I'm doing nothing on Friday." I spat out an answer.

"Good." She said with a cheerful tone. "Do you want to hang out again I could use a new friend seeing as I just moved here."

Shit. I just got friend-zoned.

"Yeah that sounds like fun."

"Good I'll send you my address. See you Friday 7:00?"

"See you." And with that she hung up. Friends that can't be so bad, right. Wrong.

Friday came by fairly fast. I got off of work at six so that gave me an hour to get home get ready and head to Flo's. I got this.

Just as I parked my car my phone buzzed when I opened it it was Florence sending me her address I met this girl a week ago and I already know where she lives. I smiled and put my phone back in my pocket.

I live in an okay apartment complex, but it's in my price range and the neighbors are all old people who bake me cookies because I can't cook so that's a plus. And it's a cozy apparent once I was fully moved in it was covered head to toe in decorations and posters that screamed 'me' so I love it none the less.

Once I was finally inside my apartment I checked the time to see that it was already 6:15.

"Shit"
I rushed to change into something that would work for any occasion, I still didn't know what we were doing, were we gonna go out to dinner and talk or would we do something more like the zoo.

So of course I was contemplating all of my life choices due to an outfit. Eventually I settled on sweats and a hoodie with a nice shirt and pants underneath. Smart I know.

And with that I headed out the door at 6:50. Making good time, Hell yeah.

I checked Florences address one more time because I just skimmed out the first time, it's takes 15 mins to get there. So much for 'good time'. It's fine I'll be five minutes late. Just breath, in through the nose out through the mouth.

When I finally arrived at Florences apartment I was surprised, it was huge not to mention beautiful even more so when I walked in, this places lobby was covered in white marbel and gold. If she just moved here how could she afford this place she must have a really good job. And I mean like a really good job

I headed up to her apartment, I walked through the halls checking each door for her number Apartment F24. Until I eventually found it.

I walked over and knocked on the door rocking back and forth on my feet, I was nervous anyone with eyes could tell. As the door opened there was Florence in a long sleeve shirt and sweat pants we're definitely not going out then. I was kind of glad we were staying in.

"Come on it." Flo told me, so I stepped inside, her beautiful apartment it had an amazing view from these five foot windows. "This place is amazing what do you do to afford this place."

"Nothing really." I could tell she didn't want to talk about it so I stopped it there, she would tell me when she's ready. "Okay so I got the whole night planned out, first where gonna make cookies then we're gonna watch a movie and eat said cookies, and if we haven't fallen asleep by then we can talk and get to know each other more but if we do fall asleep we can do that in the morning over pancakes and tea!" She was so exited it was nice to see a huge smile on her face, that smile that could kill me and I'd die happy.

"That sounds perfect."

AN
Vote comment do whatever the fuck you want it's your life.❤️