Chapter 14

Then next morning instead of waking up to coffee, I woke up to the sight of my girlfriend snuggled up agains my side.

Just the sight brought a smile to my face, her leg was draped over mine and my arm was around her waist. I wanted to wake up like this everyday, every god damn day.

Trying my best not to shift to much I reached for my phone on the nightstand to check the time. It's not like it mattered seeing as it's a Sunday and it's not like I had anything important planned. The time read 8:49 A.M. so I guess we could have slept in a little long had it not been for Flo waking up, rolling over, and quite literally falling out of bed, and onto the floor with an 'oof'.

I couldn't help but burst out laughing as Flo groaned, I looked over to see if she was getting up but instead all I saw her her middle finger flipping me off over the edge of the bed, only causing me to laugh more.

"Good morning" I said with an overly happy tone. "I hate you." She replied. "I know you love me." I said still with the same tone.

"Yeah I guess." She said and hopped up off the floor. "I'm gonna make some tea, what do you want for breakfast?"

"Pancakes!"

I jumped up off the bed and ran into the kitchen following behind Flo, "I want some good old fashioned pancakes!"

I sat down at the kitchen counter and rested my chin on my arms that laid crossed on the counter.

My phone was on the table right next to me when it buzzed,I opened up messenges to see a text from my mom

-Hey sweetheart I know it's short notice but I'm  gonna be in town for a bit, I'd love to see ya!

-sure that would be great, see you soon mom.

"Hey so... question." I said

"Answer."

"My mom is gonna be in town, so would you maybe wanna meet her?"

"I'd love to!" She said and ran over to me giving me a hug.

"Oh my gosh this is such a relationship thing to do, you know meet each other's parents and everything." She said still extremely exited.

There was only one problem, Flo is my girlfriend. And my mother doesn't know that I am gay. And my mother is meeting my girlfriend. Fuck, why do I do this to myself.

"There's one more thing, she doesn't know."

"Know what?"

"That I like girls." I said my face lined with worry. I didn't want Flo to be mad, but I couldn't lie to her either.

At first she just looked shocked, like how could my family not know that I'm a very fruity person. Then she became a bit more aware of the situation.

So you see my family is very, very, religious and I had mentioned this to Florence in previous conversations so I believe she understood my reluctance to 'come out' per say to my family. Don't get me wrong I love them dearly, but they aren't afraid to voice their opinion and I would rather not hear my mother call me an "abomination" or "confused". But I could be worried about nothing and she could accept me for who I am, end of story.

But I'm a pussy and I don't like confrontation so I never told anyone, I also never told anyone about my first girlfriend in high school, except Flo. I told her about howI started dating this girl my junior year of high school and I was head over heels for her , but when her dad found out she was dating a girl from her school he sent her to a church camp over the winter and then they moved away a week after she was back. Worst part is that for that entire week she couldn't look me in the eyes. I tried to talk to her but she would run the other way.

That was not a fun experience. 10/10 would not recommend.

The worst part is that I was planning on telling my family about her, because she was gonna be my date for prom. But this was the reason I threw away the key to the lock on the closet and just stayed there.

And now Flo comes walkin out, key in hand and swings open the doors.

This was gonna be a week from hell.

Soooooo, I love to read your comments so if you think of anything funny, or you just want to say something stupid, or share you obsession with Flo do it please. Respectfully fuck you.

Love, Eliza💛