Chapter 5

"You can borrow some of mine."

Before I can even answer she rushes off into her room, I assume she was getting dressed until she pops her head out from the door frame and says, "are you coming?"

To which I answer by getting up and following her into her room. As soon as I enter the room a shirt and a pair or pants fly past my head. "Oh sorry I wasn't looking. Are you okay?" She says with her hands reaching out to me in worry.

"Yeah I'm fine, it was just clothes." I said and grabbed her hand to confirm that I was fine. She smiled and went back to digging through her closet.

I go and sit on her bed as she continues to searching for something to wear. "Here try this." She says and hands me a long sleeved flannel and a pair of Jean shorts. "The shirt is my mum's so it might be a bit large."

I head to the bathroom to change into the clean clothes, when I take off my clothes from before I realize that I was still wearing the clothes underneath, oh well. But I still change into the clothes Flo gave me. Weather or not the shirt was her moms it smelled like her. And she smelled amazing.

Once I was done changing I walked back over to her room the door was closed but in the moment I wasn't thinking so I just walk right in and there stood Flo in shorts and a bra. As soon as I saw her my face went beet red and I spun the other direction faster than the flash. Wow a DC reference, "I'm so sorry." I apologize profusely. "I didn't think-" she cut me off

"It's fine we're both girls." She sounded relaxed so I turned around again, and her face was almost as red as mine. "Yeah totally."

"But either way I'll give you some privacy."

"It's fine I'm done anyway." As she said that she picked up a shirt from the floor and threw it on. "Now let's go!" She grabs my hand pulls me out of the room and runs out of the apartment.

On our way out she didn't grab her car keys so I suspect we were walking to wherever it was we were going. And I assumed right, as we made it out onto to busy side walk of her amazingly large apartment building we stated our dissent to an unknown location. Well she knew, but I was still in the dark.

"So where exactly are we going?" I questioned

"Come on Iris let it be a surprise, I promise you'll like it." She smiled and grabbed my hand just to run and drag me behind her, she weaved her way in between people on the side walk, apologizing every once in a while because she bumped into a random stranger, and laughing about it a second later.

She had this kind of joy radiating off of her, even the people she would bump into would smile and laugh it off, she had this effect on people and man did it effect me. A lot.

"We're almost there," Flo said as she turned her head to look at me for a split second before continuing.

A minute or two later we were out side the 'New York Aquarium' Florence looked so exited she had the biggest smile on her face. Who knew she lived so close. "Now we can say that we've been to the Zoo and the Aquarium."

It was finally my turn to pull her around. So I grabbed her hand and yanked her to the entrance.

"Two tickets please." I told the women inside the ticket booth. Her name tag reading, Grace. That will be $53.90." She said with that kind of sales person fake smile. Before I could grab my wallet Flo had handed the women, Grace some cash, she looked over to me. "My idea, my money."

"Fine but next time it's on me." She smiled and nodded her head. By then Grace had already handed Flo her change and sent us off with a 'Have a nice day.'

"Where to first?" I asked as I followed Flo through the Aquarium, "I was thinking dolphins."

"Sounds perfect. Then after that I want to see the seals, there my favorite."

She nodded and we made our way through the Aquarium. We stopped by every exhibit Flo would read the little information plaque that was on the wall, and I would just listen, not that I minded.

For the entire time we had been there I hadn't checked my phone, I had been so caught up in the moment I hadn't given any thought to the time, turns out it was 2 in the afternoon. We had been there for 4 hours.

Four whole hours spent entirely with Flo, best day ever!

"Before we leave we have to go to the gift shop." She said with a smile printed on her face.

I nodded my head and we began our walk to the shoppe.

"Okay wait here I'm gonna surprise you." She said as we stood outside the Aquarium gift shop. She ran inside beginning her search, only five minutes later she runs back out with a gift bag.

"Are you ready?" And I nodded my head. "Okay close your eyes." I listed to what she told me and closed them, I heard the bag move along with an exited giggle from Flo, right before she said to open my eyes. So I did. And right in front of my face was a little plush seal, she remembered that they were my favorite.

I smiled and hugged her, and she wrapped her arms around me as well . "I remember you told me they were your favorite." She told me while still hugging

"I love it." I said as I pulled away. "What should we name her?"

"How about we call her," she had this expression on her face that made it look like she was deep in though. After second her face changed, it formed into something I would describe as a 'light-bulb-moment', right before she finished her sentence. "Grace." She said referring to the women who sold us our tickets, "It will be like another reminder."

"Perfect." 'Grace the seal' it has a nice ring to it.

I wrote some of this on the bus to school so, do with that what you will.
Anyway vote, comment. Or don't I don't control you fucks.

Love Eliza