Itachi's Ending Part 2

Everyone was pitching in, helping build houses, stores and things of the sort. But if there was anyone else who was doing more than they should, it was Itachi. It was as if by helping building new homes, he was asking for  forgiveness. It did not matter how many years have passed, never, he will never live in peace as long as he learned to forgive himself.

"Hey," it was already late and everyone else had already left but Itachi. "It's getting late, let's go home."

But despite your call, he kept going. So, you had to walk up to him and force him or you would stay with him. "Come on, you need to rest." But he didn't stop, so you turned around and got to work to.  

"What are you doing?" Finally he stopped, with furrowed eyes he looked at you. 

"I told you," you straightened up, "I told you we were going to go through this together. That's what I am doing."

His gaze softened just for a minute until he looked away, giving you his back. "I didn't ask you to do any of this." There was a pause, as if he was debating whether to say his next words, and he did. "Not everyone needs your help, there are things that I need to do alone. Besides, don't be such a hypocrite. You're trying to help when you can't even help yourself."

"I know," you were not going to back down, "I'm trying to fix it."

It didn't matter what you said, he resumed what he was doing as he said the next words. "Then before you start helping someone else, help yourself."

Then it hit you, Itachi loved his brother more than he loved himself and he would do anything to make him happy. Which meant keeping his distance from you. Itachi thought that his brother would want to persue you, and he wasn't going to get in the way. "I..." Taking a deep breath, you relaxed your composure. "You didn't have to say any of that, if you would have told me that you were doing this to spare your brother any more pain...Then I would have respected it." Turning around, you were about to take your leave as you continued. "But just because you are keeping your distance doesn't mean I will magically   fall in love with him. I love Sasuke, I do, but not how you expect me to." Because...If you had to say that if you were to ever fall in love with someone, it would be Itachi. Itachi was just...

Shaking your head, you continued your journey back home. All the while Itachi kept staring at your back, and how he regretted having to say those words to you. In the end, he let out a long exhale and he too went home. 
--

The hospital, home, the hospital and then back home. That was your routine every day, and if it changed, it only changed to bring in the hospital. You were overworking yourself, you had not taken a break from working in the hospital and going through the treatment that Kabuto and Orochumaru had suggested. 

His brother, just like everyone else, was working and had barley anytime. So, he grew worried and he walked in the hospital to try to speak to you and maybe even apologize. The receptionist greeted him with a smile, but as if Sakura was expecting him, she emerged from a room. "Oh hello Itachi, is everything alright?"The way his eyes roamed around, made her smile in understanding. "Right now she's tending to one of her patients," she motioned for him to follow him. 

It didn't take more than five minutes to arrive to where you were supposed to be. However, just a few doors down the hall was a young man standing in front of you and so he stopped walking, Sakura too.. A headband was tied on the man's arm, meaning he was a Shinobi. The male rubbed his neck clearly embarrassed, but Itachi could also see the blush on his cheeks. 

The Shinobi turned his head to the side as if he felt he was being watched, then you poked your head out to see what had captured his attention. The man turned his gaze to you again, gaining your attention. Saying his goodbyes, he began to walk towards Itachi and Sakura. The male only greeted Sakura and completely ignored him. Itachi expected someone else to be here with you, not...Not someone else. Not that he blamed him, you were...Amazing.