Chapter 55

It made no sense, with the Akatsuki at their side they should have seen progress. But the news about the deaths about fifty Shinobi and Kunoichi who had been wiped all at once, made no sense.

The news had reached them even before the only survivor arrived, just one and whoever did this had done it to send a message. The ninja had been in shock and even terrified, so that allowed her to take some rest.

But even as Gaara, Naruto, exkages and a few other Kages waited for her to talk, her eyes looked frightened. They did not push her, they waited for her to speak. "We..." She began, her hands trembling, "We were following orders, we were supposed to investigate a small village. The information we received mentioned that some civilians were still there, but they were obviously controlled by our enemy." She swallows hard, "we arrived there but among them were two people." Slowly her shoulders shook as tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Two?" Hiruzen questioned, eyes narrowing. "I understand your worried child-" he cleared his throat at be realized how he referred to her. He wasn't the old man he used to be, he still had a hard time to cope with his gaze. "But please tell us who these people were."

The woman nodded as she cleaned her tears and snot. "The man looked rather young, he didn't look out of the ordinary." Pausing, she furrowed her eyebrows, "black hair, it reached to his jaw, red eyes, and he was clad in black. The woman...She...She didn't look anything special either, but her gaze..." Chills made her shuddered. "Her gaze was just so cold..So full of hate."

They all shared a look, they understood her but they were growing restless. "Who was this woman? Can you describe her?"

Hugging her form, she nodded again. "She had [h/l] [h/c] hair, and her [e/c] eyes chilled me to the bone. The man had his arm around the woman's waist, I'm assuming they are partners of some sort." Lovers, that's what she meant.

"What happened next?" The Kazekage frowned, finally showing some kind of emotion. She was describing you, it shouldn't be possible. Kabuto and Orochumaru told them that you were going to die.

"The man smiled as he leaned towards her and then mumbled something to her. She nodded, and that's when everyone...Her chakra....It just...It just engulfed everyone except for me.I can still hear their agonizing screams as their flesh was being just consumed by her chakra."

And then she began to cry again and this time her cries couldn't stop, so she was escorted out. "That's definitely her," Minato broke the silence.

"Which makes no sense," Naruto added. "Ayato has the power of necromancy, so it would only mean she would have to be dead in order for him to control her. "

"It doesn't matter if she is under his control or not, she is a threat to everyone."Kurotsuchi, one of the Kages snapped.

Everyone grew serious,"we still don't know the circumstances, s-" once again, Gaara tried to come up with an excuse.

"Circumstances?" The woman barked, "she wiped fifty ninja in less than five minutes. I know her history and I know what she's capable of doing."

Hashimara let out a sigh as be rose from his seat. "Perhaps we can come up with a better solution rather than to kill her right of the bat. Like the Kazekage said, we do not know whether she is alive and if she is being controlled. If that is the case, then we will have no other choice but to kill her. But if she is alive, then there must be another reason why she is fighting at that man's side."

"So then we wait?" She was furious, "We wait until more and more are being killed by her? It doesn't matter if he is controlling her or not, she killed people, our people." Straightening her back, she glared at them. "Do as you wish, but I am not going to just allow her to keep killing more innocent people."Having said it,she rose from her seat and walked out.