Two.

We drove on throughout the days and rested at nights. The wolves took shifts at night, and we set up small little camps to rest at. 

Court slept in the cart with me if he isn't on guard duty. All the horses were detached from the carts and let out to graze on the bushes and grass that crept through the snow. The snow hadn't killed off all the grass and we had carts dedicated to feeding the horses as well.

We had been out for five nights now. Court had joined me in the cart and was curled up into my side with his arm around my waist pulling me towards him. I had changed into one of my looser dresses.

We had been driving the carts for as long as possible to make time. The only time we stopped is when we could no longer see the paths without a fire being lit.

So far, we hadn't encountered anything which is a relief. There are many of us, but I still feared the day something came out of the forest. All the wolves had the horses that pulled the carts clustered in the middle to prevent anything from getting to them.

The horses are particularly important for traveling. They pulled the carts that carried all our things. It's top priority to keep all of them safe.

Celeste still trotted at the side of our cart. Right now, he was asleep after finishing his dinner.

A few of Court's pack members had collected some water from a nearby stream for everyone to drink. They went out in a group of ten and came back with numerous buckets full of waters after a few trips.

They boiled the water to make sure it's drinkable and then let it cool down for the horses. Lucia made some tea from the boiled water for some of the women to drink.

Now that the entire pack is here, I could see that there weren't a lot of women in the packs. There were of course the mothers, but for young women there aren't a lot. There is Lotus and Ivory from what I could see.

Lotus is Thorin's mate and Ivory is young. There was one other girl of a youthful age, but she is even younger than Ivory and part of Thorin's pack.

She is young enough that she's kept in the carts.

Morning slowly crept upon us as I laid in the furs that covered the wood of the cart, I'm in. Court slept on the left side of me with his arm around my waist. Here soon we would be leaving once more.

We were making our way out to the cities. We'd be meeting up with the other wolves here soon before the journey to find a new home begins. Court and Thorin have been postponing discussing where they would be going until all the pack had been united.

Right now, the main focus is making sure all of us are united once more as well as safe.

Callan sat in the cart butchering a rabbit he had caught. There hadn't been a lot of hunting going on, just small game that crossed the path when we were moving. Mostly an unlucky rabbit and the occasional bird.

Marc had been put on guard duty tonight and stalked the outsides of our caravan in wolf form. Marc's wolf form is like the others with shades of grey and white but his had brown undertones in it and a black mask on his face.

Lyell is still in the cart sound asleep. Court had told him to stay in the cart for as long as needed for he could heal. Staying at the cabin longer would've been best, but we were pushing it with how long we were there.

No one wanted to be there for when the creatures from the forest appeared. I wouldn't lie and say I'm not afraid because I am terrified.

I rarely left my home much less the village. Now we were out in the forest near the creatures that the wolves kept away from us.