Four.

Court had set up our little area for us to sleep in.

It mostly had our pelts laid on the ground with one of the carts dragged over near it. The spot is right at the edge of the camp. With Court being one of the leaders of the pack he chose a spot closer to the forest and let others get closer into the clearing.

Because of us being closer to the forest Court remained with me more.

A day had passed, and the evening had begun to take over. Court was a few feet away at the fire the wolves had started to cook food and keep warm at. 

The fire had been started reluctantly. Court and Thorin had debated if it was safe to start a fire which resulted in Lyk eventually cutting in to say we were far enough from the cities to attract any attention towards us.

With the fire started came the cooking and smoking of all the meat we had. A few of the stronger wolves went out hunting.

Some of the wolves had been injured from the village and were taking it easy. Us stopping here is dedicated to everyone recovering. 

I sat on the pelts with a piece of bread in my hand. Celeste had come over after Court left to get us some food. He was grazing on some of the hay I left out for him.

He seemed happy with the hay. At the center near the middle of the clearing the wolves had set up water for the horses. They had more water boiling from the rivers.

Everything seemed so complicated with the way things were run but they made it work. I'm not sure how they did, but they made things work. I never questioned any of them on it. As long as I have clean water to drink and food to eat, I didn't care.

Court came back carrying some food with him. I looked up and smiled at him.

"Xerxes made us some honey glazed rabbit. He was making it for Lyell and made some extra for us." Court handed me the honey glazed rabbit before sitting down.

I looked over off in Xerxes direction.

Xerxes sat amongst his section that he shared with Lyell. Since Lyell had become injured Xerxes had taken it upon himself to care for him. Lyell has been improving but Xerxes still remained at his side rarely leaving.

I have a respect for Xerxes and an appreciation for Lyell.

Lyell still makes me uncomfortable. Us meeting hadn't been the smoothest with him basically straddling me and calling me good girl. But he had taken a crossbow bolt directed at me. However, him doing that didn't mean I had to forgive him for everything and just be okay and forever in debt.

"Smells good." I told Court and he smiled.

Court scooted over closer to me on our shared bed. "I know you like sweet food, so I made sure Xerxes glazed it with some of the honey that we have. There isn't a bunch of it, but enough for some meals for you to enjoy." Court explained.

"Thank you." I murmured.

Court leaned over and pressed a kiss to my cheek. "Anything for you." Court pulled back before he turned his attention to the honey glazed rabbit.

I began eating the meat enjoying the sweet taste. Honey is much better when paired with things. I love putting it in tea.

The wolves had managed to get a few farm animals with them that had been abandoned but it's not exactly best conditions for bees to be traveling. I doubt it'd take much to get honeybees when we settle again.

I leaned into Court as I ate the honey glazed rabbit. 

Once I finished the rabbit, I wiped my hands off before leaning over to where my water is. I took a sip before setting it down and moving back over to the blankets. Since coming here I had been catching up on much needed sleep.