Thirty-Five.

"The flooring isn't as good as back in the village, but it will do. We carved it down to make it nice and smooth. Once we have more trips to the cities, we can see about making a stone floor if it would suit your needs."

I looked over the cabin that Court and I stood in with two of the human builders. Time had passed on as everywhere around us began to develop. 

Finally, Court and I stood in what is our new home. This place is our home, but this cabin is the actual place we'd be sleeping in that isn't the tent Court had set up for us.

The cabin is smaller than the one Court owned but there would be less people in it. From the way Court talked it seemed as if it would only be us here. There was no need for three bedrooms the way his old cabin had.

This cabin has two bedrooms with one of them being smaller. The cabin isn't fully done, but the bedroom Court and I would share is done which enables us to move in. The floor and roof is also done as well.

It would still be worked on, but we wouldn't mind waiting.

It's a standard cabin compared to the others around us. It's made of darker wood and has logs lined up on the outside and the start of wood paneling on the inside.

Court and I's bedroom is sectioned off along with the bathroom. The second bedroom has one wall up, and I could see where the kitchen is marked out.

"It's beautiful." I murmured.

"We're glad it's up to your standards. You two can start moving in whenever you two are ready. We'll continue working on it as you move in, but the bedroom is up to standard for people to live in."

Excitement swirled through me as I looked around our cabin. I'm so excited at the thought of moving in here.

I had missed staying in a cabin and now we are standing in a new one that is just for Court and I. No one else would be living here besides us.

"Thank you, we'll start bringing our things inside and work on a bedframe." Court told them.

"Of course, there is some wood separated for furniture. We'll leave you two alone."

The humans left, leaving Court and I in the cabin alone together. I walked along the wall running the wall. The cabin is cold but there is shelter from the snow and ever blowing wind that made my cheeks turn red.

"Do you like it?" Court asked.

"I love it."

Court came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me. I looked back at him to see a large smile across his face.

"Good, I'm going to start moving our things in here and get to working on a bed for us. I'll let the humans finish it up, but I can handle making a bed." Court told me.

"Okay, you should ask the humans for stuff for a bed. There are some sheep and I'm sure there might be some sheared wool leftover and I knew some of the ewes are pregnant."

The sheep had been the main source of clothing for us humans. Unlike the wolves we didn't have access to the pelts, so we mainly used cotton, wool, and leather.

Wool and leather are the most common with wool at the top.

I'm sure if they can sell enough of the pelts in the city perhaps, they can buy a bull for the cow in the pasture.

Court pressed a kiss to my cheek before he let me go and took another look around the cabin.

"I'm happy about the roots we are setting up here. I have lots of faith in what's to come from here. And nothing makes me happier than having you by my side as we carve out our future together."