Twenty-Three.

The rabbit was almost done when I brought Arden over to Court and I's little makeshift place. Arden seemed excited at being in the wolf camp.

As expected, a few of the wolf-shifters looked up upon seeing a human that wasn't me entering. None of them said anything though, which was a relief. I was able to just bring Arden over to Court and seat us all down.

"Arden this is Court." I introduced Arden to Court.

Court was turning the rabbit over to roast the last side of it before he pulled it out of the fire and began cutting it up.

Court gave a small nod of acknowledgment before turning back to the rabbit.

Arden seemed elated at being here which is nice to see. He seems like a sweet kid.

"Lunch is done, here you go darling and for you." Court handed Arden and I a plate with the cut-up rabbit on it and a slice of bread he had taken from the cities when we were there.

Here soon we'll be back on a mostly meat diet. For now, I'd enjoy the extras that have been added to my diet.

Arden quietly ate the rabbit while stealing glances at Court. I could tell he wanted to say something but hadn't gotten the courage to say it yet. Court unlike me, isn't human. He may have been in the village like me but now everyone knows he's a wolf-shifter like the rest.

"So, is this everyone?" Arden asked finally speaking up.

"Hm?" Court turned to Arden.

"Over there, is that all of the um wolves?" Arden asked.

"Wolf-shifters and no. There are a few off on patrol duty right now." Court answered. He corrected the term of wolf to what they really were.

Unlike actual wolves they shift into humans. Some prefer their wolf form and others prefer human form. Court prefers his human form. I see him in his human form the most. But lately he has taken to his wolf form more.

A lot of nights I'd wake up to him in his wolf form sleeping quietly next to me. I never complained since he is much warmer in that form. 

In the cities he remained in human form except for when the skin-changers attacked us.

"Do you know her?" Arden asked pointing over to where Ivory is.

Ivory was seated at the fire with Lotus at her side. Thorin is also there meaning it wouldn't be the best time for greetings. Thorin isn't the friendliest person and doesn't seem too fond of humans.

However, Lyk is there as well.

Thorin tends to behave a bit better when his uncle is present. He isn't as angry. Although Lotus being present very much curbs his temper.

He tends to act much sweeter anytime Lotus is present. 

"I do, that's Thorin's sister. Thorin is the other leader of the pack." Court answered.

He tore off a piece of the rabbit and cast a glance towards Arden. Arden was seated in the furs staring off in Ivory's direction with a small smile on his face.

I scooted closer over to Court which caught his attention. He turned to me before smiling and setting his hand on mine.

"How old is she?" Arden asked.

"She turns sixteen in a few months." Court answered.

Court watched Arden as he stared off in Ivory's direction. Arden had come over here with the intention of meeting Ivory. He said it was to meet the pack, but I knew his actual intention was to meet Ivory.