Thirty.

The days went on peacefully.

Everything was falling into place the way it needed. The humans were getting along with the wolf-shifters and vice versa. I had seen a few of the wolf-shifters helping out some of the humans.

It was a lot better than how it started out.

The humans and wolf-shifters had gotten to like each other. Before there had been so much tension that you could practically see it humming in the air.

After the uprising from the village none of the wolf-shifters were eager to accept the humans into their ranks. I had heard some whispers and distrust amongst the wolf-shifters when Court and I had brought some humans back.

Court's pack has the most reason to be distrustful. They had kidnapped their leader and had him up as a sacrifice. The intention to kill him was clear as well. Isaac would've killed every wolf-shifter if given the chance.

I don't know what made him go down that path, but he was dangerous. With a few words he had created an uprising that brought the village and the tradition of a monthly sacrifice to an end.

So much blood had been spilled there. Wolf and human. Fires had spread throughout the village and the damage had been irreversible. 

The only choice was to leave before anything from the forest decided to come and overwhelm us.

Which led us here to this gorgeous endless meadow.

Our new home. This place is gorgeous. I had walked around it a decent amount now. I had spent a lot of it out with the horses making sure they were well fed, had water, and were groomed. 

The humans fed and watered all the livestock which were now safely stored away in their coops and pens. The dog that the humans had brought along sat out in the snowy meadow with the animals.

He had a little doghouse built for him and tended to return to his family at night.

My dad was finishing the horse's stalls. He had most of the fence built so there is no worry of them wandering off into the forest. The fence is exceedingly long and divided into sections to keep certain horses away from others.

Not all of them like each other, which can be expected in a herd as big as this one.

Celeste and my mare got to stay together since the two like each other.

I had seen Arden and Ivory running off around camp doing their best to avoid all preying eyes. Ivory was lucky with Lotus being pregnant. Thorin devotes all his attention to doting on her or managing his pack.

Most of the time since she's come further along, he has who I assume to be his second in charge handle things.

His distractions made it easier for Ivory to sneak around. In the end Arden flirted with Ivory the way he wanted to. It was his whole purpose of eating over with me and trying to steal glances at her the entire time.

I had also agreed to keep silent on it. Thorin and I don't talk frequently so it was no big deal.

The only time I really see him is when I visit Lyk.

Speaking of my grandfather I hadn't seen him in a little bit. He's typically by his space in the camp.

I don't know what he does in the camp, but I'm sure as an elder he has some sort of usage to the pack. Everyone here pulls their own weight. I had even seen some of the little human children trying to help.

I set down the fresh pelts Xerxes had given me.

"Here, this is from a deer that was caught. Give it to Court. I saved the rest for Lyell and I to use. But I'm sure you two could use it."