16| not my friend

CHAPTER: 16
NOT MY FRIEND

CHAPTER: 16NOT MY FRIEND

I'M SOBBING while watching the saddest show ever

I'M SOBBING while watching the saddest show ever. "Why are you crying?" I turn to look at my brother who squints his eyes in confusion.

I point to the television where my saddest-ever show is ongoing. "She f**king sacrificed herself for the guy who is in love with her best friend. Like they are the perfect match for each other." I again focus on my girl, Lydia who smiles through her tears biting her lips to prevent her loud sobs. I shake my head. "That's not fair."

"Not every character gets a happy ending in real life, angel. Few are meant to get heartbroken. After all who will run hashtag single life?" He adds the last part jokingly but the sad demeanor he presented just a few minutes earlier made me pause my cry. I spin my head to look at him who watches how Lydia packs her bag and is ready to move back to LA for her fresh start.

Guilt wraps my throat clogging me to say anything. I somehow forgot how he is still moving on with life. I clear my throat and stand up throwing the pillow sideways and walking toward him. "Bring your video games. The last one I checked was PS3 gifted to you. Now, bring something stronger than that one." I try to flex my muscles of arms. "Your sister is now slowly getting into a pro." Yeah, as if the Destiny game was that easy.

He smirks at me folding his sleeves up to his forearm. "Oh. I am so ready to beat you in this game too."

I yelp running downstairs and yelling at Nathan. "Bring them back. I'm going to carry snacks with me."

His loud voice still gets near my ear. "Sure, get ready to lose."

D**khead.

-

"How dare you?" I playfully push him and by playfully, I mean punching his forearms. I glare at his smug face as he whistles setting down the remote.