"SANCTUARY"

( artemis's note ) ⎯⎯ a note !!
i said that the narrations will only
be at the end chapter or epilogue
but i ate my own words as i thought
that narrating some scenes can help
unfold the main plot and twists
of this story

there will be three or four narrations
in total !! (epilogue included)

---

✧ Celestia's

I sighed as i went out of the taxi I rode on the way to school. Gosh, it's hard to commute everyday.

As i went inside the gate, students that knows me were waving and smiling at me as i met their eyes. Of course, i waved at them and smiled a bit.

I then went straight to our classroom since it's already 7:27 AM in the morning, and i only have 3 minutes before the bell rings. Julian met me halfway to the room, so we went there together.

As i walked inside the room, a chaotic classroom welcomed me. I'm not shocked at all, this is normal lol.

There's someone sleeping, someone using their phones, some talking with each other, some playinh with each other, but two particular persons caught my attention- Hannah and Xav.

They're sitting at the floor while talking with each other, not minding the chaos around them.

Wow, it feels like i'm a side character, and i'm witnessing the main characters' love story unfold.

Julian gently tapped my shoulder, so i snapped back to the real world and smiled faintly at him. "You okay?" Julian asked.

I nodded, "Of course, why wouldn't i be?"

"Uhm, maybe because, you know.." Julian said.

I chuckled at him and circled my arms around his shoulders, so now he's bending down since he's much more taller than me. "I'm okay, don't worry, yanyan." I teased him his nickname.

Ever since we got close, i'm always calling him 'Yanyan' in short for Julian, and also for teasing him.

We were joking with each other, when my eyes travelled to Hannah and Xav's direction. Xav and I's eyes met for a second, but i broke it in a flash.

Broke it in a flash.. just like how he broke our relationship.

"Okay! Stop! The bell already rang, Kim sunsaengnim might scold us if he saw you not in your designated chair." Julian said. We laughed again, then i went to my own armchair.

In our designated seats that our adviser has set for us, i'm at the first row in the right side, and my seatmate is Xavion, so it's kinda awkward sometimes.

Our adviser knows about "us", but he doesn't know that "we" are already done, and that he now has another one.

I took a hidden glance at Xav, but it looks like he didn't notice me since he was staring at the whiteboard in front of us. So i fixed my position and rested my chin on my palm, and now i'm kind of looking at him intently.

I looked back in front of us and then my eyes widened for a bit when i saw our reflection on the glass of the white board.

SHIT. HE SAW ME. LOOKING AT HIM. WTF CELESTIA?!

I cleared my throat and then stood up. In the corner of my eyes, i saw that he was trying to stifle a smirk, so he covered his mouth immediately with his red handkerchief.

WAIT!
THAT'S MINE!
WTF?!

He's using my handkerchief. Wow. The audacity of this man. I then walked towards our teacher then asked if i may go out.

Damn, Xav's confusing me so damn much.

***

I'm inside the school clinic right now. I was with Liv earlier since Hannah and Nicole were with Xav and his friends, and because I don't want to hang with Hannah lately. But then my head suddenly ached, so she rushed me here to the clinic even though i said that i'm fine.

Liv treats me as her younger sister since i'm younger than her, i mean, i'm younger than everybody else in our grade since i'm advance.

The school nurse just gave me some pills since the school doctor is out.

After drinking water, i layed back down on the bed and then closed my eyes. I'm wearing earphones right now to help calm my mind.

Music helps to clear my mind and to calm it down.

But then memories suddenly flashed back as "Sanctuary" by Callalily played.
I sighed.

I know I can never be enough
But I'll always be here
I know that my words are simple and shallow
But I mean everything I say and do

I still remember how you sang this song to me through the phone.

I know I don't have a diamond ring
To put on your finger
But I will see to it that we will always be together

I still remember how we sang this song together for the first time when we were at the vacant classroom when we skipped our science class.

I opened my eyes and then sat down.

And I thank you from the bottom of my heart because...

I sang along with the music, not minding if the nurse can hear me or not.

You are my light, you are my home
You are my sanctuary
You are my peace, you give me hope
You are my sanctuary

You are my better half
You taught me things that I need to know
And you made me realize
That life is not just a simple song

Listening to this song was once making me happy as memories really flashes back whenever i play this,

You are my guide when I am lost
You are my sanctuary
You are the heart that keeps me alive
You are my sanctuary

But now, it's the opposite. I don't like how the memories of us flashes back to my mind 'cause it just pains me all the time.

You are the kiss that makes me strong
You are my sanctuary
You are the warmth when I feel cold
You are my sanctuary
My sanctuary

'Cause he was once my sanctuary, but now he's another's.

My left hand found it's way to my cheek, and then i felt that it was wet with tears.

But as i wiped the tears that are in my face, my sight slowly blacked out and i felt nauseous, so i closed my eyes for a second then when i felt a little bit okay, i opened my eyes and then stood up to call the school nurse.

But as i stood up, my head ached and then my vision blacked out. I fell to the floor, and the last thing i heard was Liv screaming at the nurse.

---

not @me cringing at my own narrations