2.

Cairo "Cain" Alexander, 253 years later - Present Midnight

3 years later - Present
Midnight

"Yo bro, split up and drop that shit." I heard my brother spit as we booked it down the back alley, hearing sirens coming from multiple directions.

"Just stash it then meet me back at the spot."

"Aight, nigga."

"Go." I urged, hearing the sirens getting closer before he threw the duffle bag of money to me. I caught it almost losing my grip before I threw it over my shoulder then jumped the gate.

"Shit." I hopped over it and dropped down to my feet, running as fast as I could.

I could hear the sirens from afar now but it was making a nigga even more paranoid while I cut down the back block. I knew I had to drop this shit and I couldn't just take it back to my spot. My spot was hot, pigs been on our ass for a minute now especially me but I knew exactly where I had to go.

Only place I could go because she was the only person I could trust.

Cutting down the block, I ducked behind a garbage bin, seeing a patty wagon fly down the street as the sirens sounded off loudly.

"Oh shit." I chuckled to myself, feeling a rush go through my body before I took off once the truck was out of sight.

Running through the parking lot, I ducked low, running toward the townhouses on 8th. I ain't waste no time once I saw BG's car parked right outside her crib and I dashed toward her door, instantly banging on that shit.

"Shit." I panicked, pulling my phone out of my pocket for the time.

12:35am

She home. I thought to myself, knowing she never went nowhere except work then to pick up my daughter then home.

That was her routine.

"She gon' fuck me up though." I said out loud, banging on the door again before the porch light abruptly came on and I took a step back, hearing the locks roughly being unlatched.

Saying nothing, the door slowly opened as I looked down at her small figure. She looked up into my eyes as I looked down into hers, seeing I'd obviously just woke up her up. She had a bonnet on her head and sleep evident in her face.

"My fault, babygirl."

"Let me drop sum'." Was all I said to her and she already knew what I was talking about, this was nothing new for her.

Though I knew she was tired of my shit.

Sighing deeply, she stepped out of the way and let me in the crib. As soon as she did, she closed the door behind us and I went to the back where I kept all of my shit.

This was the only place I could bring shit that was important to me. Money, drugs, whatever I couldn't keep myself.

She was the only person I could trust with my shit.