18.

Shanell
After work
6pm

Pulling up to Lima's place, I placed my head against the steering wheel as I sighed deeply to myself. It'd been long day for me. I was sick to my stomach, all while I'd spoken with my dad, family I had overseas and my best friend and everybody said they would do the best they could for me but I was starting to feel hopeless.

I had bills to pay today and by tomorrow, I couldn't wait and I couldn't just take some chump change. I needed real money but things definitely just weren't looking up for me.

Breaking myself away from my thoughts, I looked up as someone came down the staircase and I'd thought it was Lima at first but it wasn't.

"Kia?" I said to myself, seeing a friend from my high school, coming down.

I hadn't seen her since the night I'd snuck out to the club. She was one of the girls in my section, asking about Cain and Mya and we'd had a really good time that night, of course, before things went left.

"Hey, Kia." I spoke as she smiled big, waving to me.

"Hey, Shanell."

"I saw your babygirl up there, she's so adorable." She went on saying to me and I smiled to her, thanking her before I furrowed my eyebrows, seeing Cain coming down the staircase too right after her.

I thought nothing of it at first since I figured he was just leaving because I was here now. So I turned my head elsewhere, not giving him any type of eye contact before he reached over and grabbed Kia's hand, pulling her toward him.

"What the fuck?" I said to myself as he pulled her in and squeezed her ass and I sat there in confusion.

"Come fuck with me real quick." I heard him say as he nodded his head toward his car and I quickly rolled up my window, fuming at the scene.

"This nigga really has me fucked up." Was all I said to myself, trying my hardest not to get out of my car.

I was trying so hard not to because if I did, I was going to beat that bitch's ass and then the same for him. Cain was playing really petty games now just like he said he would. And I wasn't here for this shit.

Don't get out of the car, Shanny.

That's what he wants.

He wants a reaction out of you.

Don't do it. Was all I kept telling myself.

"Where the fuck is my child? Please." I then asked, just needing to get the fuck out of here as they walked off toward his car, ignoring my presence completely now.

"Oooo." I smiled to myself as my leg jumped from all of the nerves.

And it was as if on cue, Lima came rushing down the stairs with a sleeping Mya and her bag right beside her. I sat there feeling confused and humiliated as I felt embarrassment take over my body for what felt like the hundredth time today.

Holding my stomach, I damn near puked, seeing his ass with another bitch right in front of my face and then a girl I knew at that.

"That bitch can have him." Was all I said to myself.

Breaking me out of my thoughts, Lima opened my back door and put Mya into her car seat. After she was done and situated, she closed the door then came up to me.

"Here, girl." Was all she said, quickly sliding me a wad of money as my eyes went wide when she did.

"What the hell, Lima?" I asked, feeling stress being lifted from my shoulders.