Chapter 9

Dahyun picked at her nails, her head facing completely away from Nayeon's busy makeup brush wielding hand, her eyes bounced around the room in sync with the shake of her crossed legs.

"Would you stop that!" Nayeon softly scolded her, pulling her chin upwards so she could get a better view of Dahyun's nose as she dusted it generously with blush.

Dahyun's eyes still refused to concentrate and her thoughts ran rampant, "Are you nervous?"

She huffed an awkward laugh at the question, feeling her stomach clench at the thoughts in her head being brought to the surface.

"Aww, you're so precious, aren't you?" Nayeon smirked, shaking Dahyun's face in her hands like a puppy.

"Why are you nervous, you idiot? You both are already close and you both like eachother, now stay still."

It was silly, but Dahyun was so unimaginably nervous about her date with Sana. It was different this time, the feelings weren't just lingering, they were known between eachother, Dahyun couldn't help but feel that the feeling of liking someone and them not knowing was much safer for her, it's how it had always been. She was so scared Sana was expecting someone she wasn't. It was all so new to her.

"Okay, all done, now go get changed." Nayeon urged, the two standing from sitting on Nayeon's bed, revealing the true horror that was the disastrous mess of all of the makeup that was strewn across the blanket.

Nayeon didn't bat an eye, simply showing it all onto her bedside table and flopping comfortably on the bed. Dahyun snuck a look at herself in the mirror before she went to Nayeon's cupboard to retrieve the dress she said she could borrow. She was shocked at the face staring back at her, her cheeks adorned tiny hazel freckles, her eyes were illuminated with sparkles and her nose was a deep rosy pink, highlighted heavily which reminded her of a cherry. It made her smile, looking back at Nayeon who smiled back.

"You look like a little fairy Dahyun, the dress I picked will make it look even better."

She slipped the dress over her head and heard Nayeon gasp. The long pink silk hugged and hung against her body perfectly and she really did feel like a fairy.

She slipped on her favorite shoes and just on perfect timing there was a soft knock at the door, Dahyun turned to look at Nayeon who mirrored that look of excitement, minus the anxiety that Dahyun adorned quite wearyingly. Still, she didn't hesitate to bound to the door, pulling it open to see Sana's beaming smile and a basket in her hand. Her hair was curled softly and she worse a tight floral dress with thigh high white socks. Dahyun's heart swelled so heavily in her chest, she just wanted to fall to her knees and hug Sana's legs and never let go. Dahyun felt like a fairy, whilst an angel stood before her.

"Sweetpea!" Sana squeaked, placing the basket on the floor and shuffling into the doorway to hold Dahyun above her in her arms, "You're so beautiful."

"I can't believe this is the girl that likes me!" Sana placed her back on the ground, squeezing her hips softly.

Dahyun felt her cheeks heat up as she babbled at the compliments.

"You, uh, you look, perfect, Sana." She sputtered, to which the elder laughed, raising her hand to pet Dahyun's hair.

-

The sun was shining as bright as ever today, like it was awaiting the two girls. Sana's arm strained with the picnic basket in one hand, but it didn't matter as long as it meant she got to hold Dahyun's hand. Sana had decided to take Dahyun to a lake that wasn't far from their college campus, she had first come here at the start of the year, searching for any form of inspiration to a music assignment. Never had she seen such a beautiful array of flowers, the colours bursting and the scents mixed beautifully to create such a harmonious place. It was the perfect place to share with someone you care about, Sana thought.