chapter 7

The party was over flowing, people stood from all corner's of the living room and flooded through the back doors and across the backyard. The atmosphere although, chaotic, screaming and shouting, was so energetic and positive, smiles adorned everyone's faces as they laughed and danced. Dahyun had questioned why she had never come to parties more often, she loved to see how simple things like music and alcohol can change a whole aura about a person. The room was comfortably dim, the flicker of rainbow lights making it just enough to see across the sea of dancing bodies.

"I can't seem to find the girls." Sana said, leaning down into Dahyun's ear to be heard.

She smiled, a familiar silhouette, pressed up against another, catching her eye as Sana spoke. She pointed towards the petite body of what she had now confirmed to be Chaeyoung, engaging in a rather passionate exchange with another girl, her long hair cascading through Chae's fingertips as she ran her fingers through it.

"Ah, that's Mina, Chae's semi-girlfriend. It's complicated, rich girl who's too scared to come out and stand up to her parents, or even so herself, and the girl that's hopelessly inlove with her."

Heartbreaking? Heartwarming? Dahyun couldn't decide.

"I can't find Jihyo or Nayeon, do you want to dance until they maybe find us?" Sana shouted, grabbing Dahyun's hand in hers as the younger nodded in agreeance.

Stepping into the crowd, the two were cloaked in an instant flush of heat, everyone thrashed their bodies unforgivingly, much to Sana's worry, they all threw themselves against Dahyun, Sana wincing everytime she felt a struggle from the hand in hers, turning worryingly to see that same innocent smile radiate smile. Dahyun was surprisingly unbothered with the situation she was in, the feeling of a slightly sweaty girl nudging or pulling her didn't cause the usual bout of anxiety, instead she felt the fun of the whole situation.

'is this what alcohol does?' she thought, which only lead her to wonder why she had put of trying these kinds of things for so long.

The music blared in the girls ears and Dahyun felt Sana come to a halt, the hand gripping hers flailing as read her lips, making out something about this being her favourite song. She pulled Dahyun closer as she took a gulp of her drink, the younger doing the same. The two danced closely, Dahyun felt her heart rising in her chest once again as the hand she held travelled to her waist, this time, she moved her own hand to Sana's waist, pulling flush against eachother, bouncing to the music, that type of unhideable smile, adorned Sana's face.

Dahyun admired the way Sana's skin glistened under the flashing lights and the way her arms being around her waist allowed her to feel the jolt of her body as she laughed so unforgivingly out of pure joy. Dahyun had never seen a galaxy in someone's eyes before, she'd never felt skin so soft, never been so short of breathe because every fiber of her being had stalled so her only focus could be to admire the heavenly body that somehow rested under her fingertips, she was in absolute dismay, the alcohol swirling in her system making everything so confrontingly present and she felt nothing, but also everything at the same time, the one thing that always remained was the swelling in her heart at the sight of the pink haired girl that smelt of strawberries, the girl that somehow she was fortunate enough to have care so much about a girl who so many didn't bother to know existed.

So overwhelmed in emotion and such little space to express it, Dahyun felt her tears well up, embarrassed, she smothered Sana in a hug, her head burying into the crook of her neck, dropping her now empty cup onto the floor below. She felt the taller one still beneath her, a soft sigh escaping her chest as her arms slid up Dahyun's back, returning the affection. They stood there for what felt like forever, statues in the middle of a moving crowd. Dahyun sobbed quietly on the girls shoulder, enough for Sana to feel the dampness of her tears against her skin.