chapter 4

Sana shuffled across the room as she went to retrieve more snacks from Dahyun's seemingly endless supply.

She looked up, a chocolate nestled in her cheek. Dahyun smiled fondley at the girl and how much she resembled a squirrel in those moments, her cheeks full and her eyes wide in satisfaction of the sweet treat in her mouth.

"So Dahyun, what are you studying?" Sana smiled.

"Animation."

Sana's eyes lightened, genuine intrigue on her face, "oh! My friend Chaeyoung does animation too, it looks so fun."

Dahyun nodded, smiling.

"You'll have to show me your drawings some day."

The icey haired girl felt her heart sink a little, a much as she loved art, she was terribly insecure about her skills, she felt like everyone around her could draw without hesitation but it took Dahyun hours to make something she couched as decent and even then she'd pick apart it's faults. Showing the teacher her work was stressful enough, she didn't need another pair of eyes who didn't seem to understand how hard she struggled to make something that looked like it was quick and easy but in reality took hours and was hair pullingly difficult. Still she nodded and smiled, not wanting to disappoint her new friends whom she had quickly grown to adore.

"I'm a music major. I play cello and my music teacher has encouraged me to persue some practice in the field of vocals." Sana spoke casually about her major.

Dahyun was awestruck. This girl was pretty, kind, a seemingly social butterfly AND she knew how to play an instrument oh and if that wasn't enough she can sing to?!

"You can play an instrument? I've always been so jealous of people who can play!" Dahyun beamed to which Sana dropped her head, blushing deeply.

"How long have you played?"

The pink haired girl, lifted her head, squinting, "Uh, 10 years, I think."

"Wow."

The girls mouth hung open in amazement, Dahyun couldn't imagine the thought of having played an instrument from a child and throughout her teens years. It made her heart warm to think that growing up with something by your side, something that was always familiar, a talent that is almost like an advanced party trick. Sure, there wouldn't many times where there was just a cello laying around and she could just play a few casual chords like perhaps with a piano but still, it seemed such a beautiful companionship.

"I'm a dance major, not that anyone asked, you're too busy thinking about Sana plucking strings." Momo smirked.

Dahyun coughed, blushing for what felt like the 100th time that night, her mind automatically conjuring the image of the pink haired girls long fingers caressing the strings of a cello. Dahyun gulped.

"Yah, Harai." Sana yelled, threatening to throw another plushie.

Dahyun quirked her eyebrow at Momo, seemingly a little shocked and well, unconvinced that the bedridden girl could possibly muster up enough energy to even leave the room.

"Hey, it's true, I've been dancing since I was 7." The girls tone sounding a little offended.

"AH, I get it, it's because I'm lazy huh? I sleep all day to preserve energy for my afternoon classes, you try dancing for 5 hours after a whole day of productivity and come back to me on that one." She threw popcorn at Dahyun who laughed, throwing her hands in surrender.

"Okay, I believe you! That's amazing though, I'd love to see you dance."

The raven haired girl as if struck by some invisible electricity stood from the bed and clicked at Sana, who comicly started humming a song that Dahyun couldn't quite put her finger. Momo began to sway her hips, her arms and legs moving in a fluid motion. The way she moved was beyond anything she'd ever seen and Dahyun was shocked she hadn't knocked her limbs on the objects inside the tiny room, recalling a time her and Nayeon had had a dance party and the 2 almost simaltaniously stubbed a toe while the other bumped her wrist on a chest of drawers.

When is appeared her show had come to an end the two cheered loudly, Sana grabbing at Momo's hand shouting, "Momo-ah I love you!"

"I'm here all night!" She bowed.

...

Momo had fallen to sleep and Sana and Dahyun had stayed up watching more lighthearted movies for Dahyun's sake, talking about things in between and it quickly approached 2am.

"Do you have classes today?" Sana said concerned as she looked at the time.

"Uh, no."

She smiled pulling Dahyun into her arms as they changed their viewing position to where they were laying and watching the movie, "Good because I have many movies to show you still and it's 2am."

"There will always be another time." Dahyun laughed snuggling into the olders embrace.

"I like now." Sana whispered.