Chapter 5

Dahyun stared blankly at her sketches in her drawing pad, she'd conjured and erased about 5 sketches and dot points but nothing seemed fit enough for her to make a solid decision. The task the teacher had set for the class was to create a comic/ series of images that conveyed and embodied an emotion in an abstract way, she'd written different emotions on papers and put them all in a hat for the students to draw. Dahyun was hoping she'd get something like sadness where she knew how to sketch and shade images to convey the emotion but ofcourse was challenged when she didn't receive such an emotion.

"Euphoria? Seriously?" She mumbled.

It often upset Dahyun that she'd look around and see people deep into brainstorming their concepts, this wasn't a first time occurrence, to her it always seemed like they had everything planned and ready and that their brains were overflown with ideas and possibilities but hers lay dormant with lackluster options that she often had to just settle for. She lacked inspiration once she stepped into the classroom doors and that was always her downfall, it seemed the ideas she came up with for her personal drawings held that beauty and creativity she begged to have for her assignments, If anything, every thought she had was far more beautiful in her head then what translated to paper and she was embarrassed of sharing any idea she'd ever had.

When class ended, dahyun felt battered and defeated. She had spent 2 hours of class staring at the pooling shadows of the erased ideas she didn't even want to remember creating, to no avail and she chalked it up as a waste of her damn time.

She hung her head, a little saddened that she'd be submitting another piece she's sure she wouldn't like.

"Melancholy? How the hell are you supposed to represent that in the from of art - Dahyun-ah!" The ring of her name cause Dahyun to lift her head confused.

She was met with those puppy eyes and they squinted as the pink haired girl presented the most beaming smile, the tinge of sadness seemed to melt away when the twinkle in her eyes was the only thought in Dahyun's head. Sana pulled Dahyun into her arms, squeezing her tightly, the scent of cotton candy comfortingly wafting into her nose.

"Chae, this is Dahyun, the girl I've been telling you about, Dahyun this is Chaeyoung."

The two smiled fondly at eachother, only having seen eachother briefly in lectures, not enough to leave a lasting memory. Chaeyoung's hair was cut to her chin and sat neatly under a beret. She had bright doe eyes and her smile held that genuine happiness that Sana's did. Her dress sense was eccentric and enjoyable to observe, in a way it completely complimented the gentle aura that Chaeyoung omitted.

"I was coming to collect Chae for lunch, do you want to come?" Sana interrupted before Dahyun could make a decision, "you don't have a choice anyway, you're coming, I'll pay for you."

Dahyun laughed softly as Sana took her hand, the two listened in as Chaeyoung explained her ideas for the assignment, leaving the art building.

"You did your art pieces on equality for last semesters assignment didn't you? It was so beautiful, one of my favourites, it definitely left a lasting impact on the whole class." Chae rambled on about Dahyun's work and she thought she might explode.

She had grown to hate looking at those artworks because she thought they looked rushed and boring but the fact that Chae said she loved them was making her swell inside.

At lunch Dahyun learnt a lot about Chae and she felt annoyed with herself for never trying to be her friend. She was so creative and kind, definitely someone she could enjoy being around, much like Sana.

"Did you really dye your hair to look like Elsa?" Sana scoffed as the two walked down the halls, Sana holding the majority of Dahyun's belongings, her request of course, Dahyun had figured she just wanted to sneak peaks in her sketch book.

"And did you really dye your hair your hair to look like my melody?" Dahyun laughed.

The two laughed for a while, "No, really. It was a dark blue and it faded to this colour, but I quite like it as an icy tone."

Dahyun placed her bag down as she fished through her bag to find her key to unlock her dorm door.

"I like it too." Sana smiled, threading her fingers through her hair.

"I think you'd look pretty with any hair colour." She whispered, wrapping her arms around Dahyun's waist.

Dahyun's heart flipped in her stomach, her hands shakily unlocking the door, only to be bombarded by Nayeon jumping out from behind the wall.

The two girls screamed, stumbling backwards. Sana whining as she kneels on the floor, clutching her chest, checking to see that she hadn't had a heart attack.

Dahyun's stare shot daggers through Nayeon as she witnessed the pink haired girl on the floor.

"Oh my god, oopsies, I thought it was only going to be Dahyun, I'm sorry." Nayeon apologised with a slight laugh, holding her hand out for Sana to take.

Sana laughed as she stood, "If I did that to my roommate she'd kick my head off."

"You see, if I did that to Nayeon she'd break my ribs, but she's somehow allowed to do it me?" Dahyun sassed, lightly punching Nayeon's arm.

"Anyway you must be the Nayeon I've heard so much of." Sana smiled.

Nayeon smiled, flashing her bunny teeth, pulling Dahyun's face in between her hands.

"Aww, you talk about me Dahyun-nie." She squished her cheeks with her fingers as she pouted like she was talking to a puppy.

"What are your plans for the night?" Sana said, belly flopping onto what she assumed was Dahyun's bed, seeing the familiar pillow that she had brought to her dorm a few days prior.

"I was planning on starting my comic for class but I'm struck for ideas so I don't think any work will happen." Dahyun frowned, putting her books on her desk and laying next to Sana.

Sana sat up, hovering over Dahyun, "Well in that case, would you like to come to a party with me?"

Sana could sense the hesitation in the younger ones eyes, "Come on, it'll be fun."

She sat on her heels and her hands travelled to rest lightly on Dahyun's waist, making her gulp.

"Chae is going, I'll introduce you to the rest of my friends too and trust me, they'll love you." She said, her hands massaging Dahyun's hips, Dahyun could feel her heart beginning to race.

"I don't have anything to wear." Sana smiled at her.

"I can sort that out, you can wear some of my clothes." Sana searched Dahyun's eyes hopefully, "So...?"

"Alright then."

Sana fell on top of her, engulfing her in a hug wriggling around like an excited puppy, screaming yay into Dahyun's shoulder.