3- Crush

Y/n was sitting in her regular seat in the bus with head leaning against the window, watching the scenery go by. Headphones were plugged in her ears as she heard (your favorite song), tapping her fingers to its beat.

She was seeing something, listening to something but her mind thought of something else. Yesterday's tutor session.

The way whenever she got a question wrong, he would come from behind her and help her.

His hot breath was on her neck. She could feel his fast heartbeat same as hers as well when he was that close.

And that one moment that happened yesterday was unforgettable.

It was when she got a question wrong and angrily sighed causing her straight, light brown hair strands to fall down on her face. Before she could tuck them behind, jungkook came outta nowhere and did that for her.

"Let me help me you with that question"
He had spoken in a deep voice

Y/n was in dream land when someone shook her by her shoulders. She came back to reality and looked at Yoongi.

"The bus has arrived at school. Stop day dreaming and come"
He spoke

"Oh, yeah......coming"
She replied

"Have I gotten a crush?"
She thought

***
At school

During math period, there was a.......QUIZ ! Luckily for y/n, she had been practicing questions given by jungkook as homework, yesterday.

Arin, on the other hand, was good at math so she was confident to pass the surprise quiz.

After distributing all the quiz papers, the quiz had started. The teacher put a 30 minutes timer on her watch.

Y/n flipped the page over to see the first question.

Oh I know this....I can do this

Finishing with the first one, she moved on to the second. Then third, forth, fifth. She finally finished the quiz and just on time.

The timer rang as students sighed. The teacher marked the quizzes and retuned them.

"Oh yay! I got 9/10. What about you?"
Arin asked

"I got....OMO!!! I ALSO GOT 9/10!!!! Usually I get 6 or below but today I've succeeded. Gosh I'm gonna cry"
Y/n cheered happily

"Bestie I'm proud of you. And make sure to thank jungkook. Bring him a gift for it"
Arin spoke

"Hmm...good idea"
Y/n replied

Suddenly, someone tapped on her shoulder. It was no other than, Hyunjin, her classmate. Hyunjin had been her classmate for 3 years now. That's why their friendship grew and grew.

He was also friends with one of y/n childhood friends, Minho. So whenever they hung out, Hyunjin was also invited.

"Oh heyyyy hyunjin!"
Y/n greeted him

"Hey, you look cheerful today. Anything special?"
He asked

"Yes! I got 9 in the quiz! That's my best score yet. I can't believe it"
She smiled

"Really, that's great!"
He smiled

"All thanks to jungkook"
She spoke

Hyunjin almost choked on his own saliva.

"Jungkook??? Your brother's friend?"
He asked surprised

"Yes my brother's friend! He was assigned to tutor me. I was just thinking of buying him a gift with Arin right now"

"Oh...I mean yeah that's a good idea"
He spoke between his clenched teeth

Good idea my ass

"I wanted to tell you that Minho (her childhood friend) asked me to ask you whether you want to hang out today after school?"

"Yeah sure, you are coming too right!"

"Definitely! We can buy ice creams and shop till we drop"

"Yay!"
She smiled

Her smile is heaven to me

"I'll get going now, byeeee"
Y/n waved as she dragged Arin out of the classroom

Cute.

***

Jungkook and y/n had their tutor session at lunch period instead of after school since y/n had a hangout to go to.

Y/n was working on a question while eating her lunch and drinking cold water. Meanwhile, jungkook was looking at his phone eating his lunch.

"I'm done with all the questions"
Y/n spoke

"Let me check while you arrange those books on the trolley to the rightful places on the shelves"
He spoke

Y/n got the books and kept them back to their places. She climbed the ladder to keep a book that's place was high above.

While she was at the top, she noticed her favorite book along side in the shelf. After keeping the book in its space, she took out her favorite one and sat on the top of the ladder to read it.

Jungkook was done checking the questions. Y/n had gotten 17/20.

"Not bad"
Jungkook nodded in approval

He went to look for his crush. And there he saw her, sitting on top of the ladder reading a book.

"Only a person like you would do such a thing. Reading on the top of the ladder?"
He laughed

"Welp, classes are about to continue so I better get going"
She spoke as she climbed down

"For your information, you got 17 on the test I gave you"
He scoffed

"Why'd you say it like that"
She spoke

"What?"

"You spoke in that weird way when you want to mock someone"

"I didn't!"

"You did! You coconut head!"

"What did you call me!!"

"C-O-C-O-N-U-T  H-E-A-D!!"

"YAH! HOW DARE YOU. IM NOT A COCONUT HEAD"

Y/n lost her balance on the ladder and fell. Fortunately, jungkook caught her in his arms. Y/n was a big red mess. Before she could say anything, he dropped her out of his arms on the floor.

"I would have caught you and let you stand properly again instead off throwing you but you called me a coconut head so yeah"
He spoke

"YAH! How dare you. My butt hurts"
She spoke

Realizing what she said, she covered her mouth. She immediately got up, took her test paper and ran outside the library. Jungkook just chuckled at her flustered behavior.