4- Flowers and cupcakes

School had finished already and students were filling the hallways to exit the school.

Hyunjin was standing outside under a tree by the exit. Alongside Mingyu, who was texting his friends on his phone.

A cheerful y/n appeared from the exit and called out to them whilst waving her hand widely.

"Hey guys!!! I'm here!!!"
She yelled

By her yell, the two boys looked up. Mingyu went ahead and hugged his best friend.

Hyunjin went in later and just smiled at y/n, feeling shy to actually hug her. But to his surprise, she hugged him excitedly like she hugged Mingyu. She's a cheerful girl after all; hugs make her happy.

"We brought this for you, it was hyunjin's idea"
Mingyu spoke

***

Jungkook bid goodbye to Jimin, tae hyung, hobi and Yoongi. He asked Yoongi if he knew y/n wasn't coming with him since she had a hang out.

"Yeah she told me. Mingyu her friend also informed me"
Yoongi spoke

After jungkook got out the gate, he went towards the parking lot. Something or should I say someone caught his eyes.

Y/n.

"Hey guys!!! I'm here!!!"
She yelled

She went ahead and Mingyu hugged her. Hyunjin also went there but stood apart. Y/n went to hug him as well. Hyunjin's shocked face could be seen clearly. Mingyu gave him a thumbs up.

"We brought this for you, it was hyunjin's idea"
Mingyu spoke

He picked up a flower bouquet which was kept on a bench and handed it over to y/n.

"Oh my gosh! Flowers! Thank you, Hyunjin!"
She spoke happily

"I- it was nothing"
He spoke flustered

Y/n was so busy with the flowers and smelling them that she didn't notice how flustered and red hyunjin was. Mingyu was meanwhile silently laughing at hyunjin, shaping a heart with his hands.

Hyunjin was so flustered and red. He was blushing way too hard.

Jungkook watched how Mingyu shaped the heart at hyunjin. And how much hyunjin was blushing.

He's got a crush on her. No doubt.

But I like her...he can't win her heart

"And there's more to this, he's gonna treat you and me to some delicious frosted cupcakes from that cupcake factory down street"
Mingyu added

"Aww hyunjin. Thank you so much"
Y/n spoke

"Your welcome, uhm let's go to that factory now"
He replied

Jungkook stared one last time before going to his car and getting in harshly.

Now some cupcakes!!? I can do better than that. Just wait and see

While their ordered appeared, the three friends talked about the most random things. It got to the point where they were talking about the upcoming annual spring ball, coming in some weeks.

It was a event that happened in the school every spring. And each year, a Spring King and Queen would be chosen. The winners were chosen by the amount of votes they got from the whole school.

"Did you guys get any partner yet?"
Hyunjin asked

"Nope"
Mingyu spoke

"Same, sad life for us"
Y/n added

"Well, you'll get one soon"
Hyunjin smiled at y/n

"What about Yoongi hyung? He's going this year right? It's his last year anyways"
Mingyu asked

"Well he didn't confirm anything but I hope he'll go. He needs to let lose and have fun sometimes"
Y/n spoke

"Yeah"
They agreed

"Oh look our orders have arrived!"
Y/n cheerfully spoke

The frosted, sprinkled, red velvet cupcakes arrived and were placed in front of them. Y/n's favorite cupcake flavor.

"Oh my! My favorite flavor! Hyunjin you are so sweet like these cupcakes"
Y/n spoke

"I know right! He knows so much about you already, it's like you guys are meant to be"
Mingyu added

Y/n laughed while hyunjin hid his face behind the menu. Mingyu was sure that one hype up friend who never failed a chance to tease others.

***

Time passed till it was dawn. Mingyu left for some "business" and so y/n and hyunjin were by themselves.

Y/n's hanging out limit was till dawn as well. So before she turned herself in to her house, she decided to see the sunset. Hyunjin agreed without a second thought.

Hyunjin was in the driving seat of his red Lamborghini. Y/n sat in the passenger seat beside him, enjoying the breathtaking view outside.

Hyunjin was enjoying his own view.

Each of them had a cold coffee Starbucks cup in their hands, half empty. The sun setting caused orange, yellow and red rays of light to shine down.

The wind blew through y/n's light brown straight hair as she enjoyed the weather. The music was playing to settle with the sunset mood.

It was like a perfect date on the most perfect timing. It could end with a kiss like you see in romantic movies but sadly, this wasn't a date nor a romantic movie.

The red lambo parked at the top of a hill. The two people got out of the car and leaned against the bumper. Endless pictures were taken till the sun set completely.

A day to be remembered.

***

Y/n unlocked the door to her house. The first thing she heard was her brother's annoying blabbering of his complaints as y/n was late.

"It was after dawn ages ago. Why are you arriving 15 minutes prior to it Huh"
Yoongi asked

"Oppa! I was stuck in traffic and 15 minutes isn't late"
Y/n argued

"It is late!"
Yoongi argued back

"You know what late is. It's arriving home at 12am or more. I'm gonna do that one day"
Y/n spoke

"Yeah sure go ahead and do that. But then be prepared to be homeless"
Yoongi spoke, rolling his eyes

"I'm going to my room!"
Y/n spoke, running upstairs and shutting the door

"Kids these days"
Yoongi sighed and rolled his eyes again

"Ah it's almost time for my favorite show to come on the tv. Sponge bob square pants!"
Yoongi shouted

He plopped himself on the couch comfortably to watch his favorite show till his sleeping time.

_____________________________________________________
Comment right here any sunset songs you know to vibe to through his chapter!
🌥🌾☀️🌻🍂