Bizarre Bazaar

All was quiet in the Harveston household. Jean sat alone at the kitchen table, eating her breakfast as she read one of Pebbs books. The mother newt sat in front of the fire-place, reading her own book.
A loud shriek sounded from the floor above, followed by footsteps rushing down the stairs. Flossie, with a bright smile on her face, ran up to Jean, a big book in her arms. "IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!" She squealed, jumping up and down excitedly. Jean put her book down, giving her friend a weird look. "Wwwhat's here...?" She asked.
Flossie placed the book down, opening it up to show Jean a page. "The Bizarre Bazaar! It's a mysterious night market that passes through once a year! Exotic treasures, foods, and games! I've always wanted to go!" She let out another squeal. Pebbs turned to face the excited axolotl. "Flossie, every year you ask, and every year I always tell you no. It's too dangerous, there aren't just treasures, but also greedy thieves who'll take everything you own when you're not watching. No is my final answer." She said sternly, returning to her book.
Flossie's smile falls, picking up the book sadly and walking back up the stairs. Watching her go, Jean felt sad for the joyful axolotl. "Aw, c'mon Pebbs. I can take her! I'll protect her from any thieves, and I promise to bring her home safe and sound plus in one piece."
Pebbs glared at the human, before sighing. "Jean, this is the first time you've heard of the Bizarre Bazaar, so you haven't heard of the dark side of it. People get hurt, or even worse die. I don't want to put you OR Floss in harms way." She said. Jean scoffed, putting her feet up on the table. "C'mon, you saw how I handled those Horned Bull Frogs the other day, I think I could handle a few rogue newts or whatever. Besides, this could be the one chance Flossie could go to the Bizarre Bazaar, you gotta let her live her dream at least once, right?"
"Get your feet off the table." The newt ordered, to which Jean quickly obeyed. Pebbs glanced up the steps, thinking for a minute, before sighing. "Fine, as long as you bring her back before sunrise."
Jean fist bumped, cheering silently in victory. "Yes! I won't let you down Pebbs, I'll watch her like a hawk."
A loud thud followed by a "YES!" Sounds from up the steps. The two looked up the staircase to see Flossie eaves-dropping. She laughs sheepishly. "So...I get to go to the Bizarre Bazaar tonight?"
"Don't make me change my mind young lady." Pebbs stated, and Flossie saluted as she came down the stairs. "Yes ma'am!"
Jean thought for a moment, before realising something. "So where is this Bizarre Bazaar?" Flossie freezes, scratching the back of her neck nervously. "Uh...I'm not exactly sure..." she replies.
Pebbs chuckles, "Well, aren't you lucky I've been before."

It was getting dark, and Flossie was hugging bye to her mother, clutching a map with directions. "Now, you gotta have eyes in the back of your head, got it? And don't lose that map!" Pebbs fussed, straightening Flossie's cloak. Jean, wearing her own cloak waved her hand. "We'll be fine Pebbs. Don't worry!"
Pebbs stared at the human blankly. "It is a mothers job to worry, now come here, let me fix you up." She said, reaching over to straighten Jean's cloak. Flossie groaned. "Muuuum we gotta go!" Pebbs held her hands up in surrender. "Alright alright, have fun you two."
The two friends waved bye, making their way into the darkness.

"Alright...it should be just around this corner..." Flossie said, taking the map out of her face as she looked around. The human and axolotl's eyes widened in wonder at the sight before them. A trail of glowing mushrooms led to an archway, a hour-glass symbol placed over it. Jean pulled her hood up. "Ok Floss, remember: we have to be very careful in-FLOSS!"
Flossie was already running ahead, pulling the curtains aside as she stared inside. Jean walked up behind her, also taken aback by the hidden world before them.
The place was crowded, crawling with all sorts of amphibians and cute critters. Stalls were lined up side by side, all with unique goods and wares. They even caught sight of one frog wearing a mask stealing from another frog's pocket.
Flossie's eyes dazzled at the sight. "Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!" She squealed, about to run in when Jean grabbed her hood. "Floss, we need to be careful. Stay close, ok?" Jean asked, to which Flossie sighed. "Fiiiiiine." With that, Jean let her go, allowing her to walk ahead as she grinned at her excitement.