Reptile Mayhem

A/N: This side-adventure was suggested by a guest from fanfiction!

Me while reading the comment suggestion: Oh ho ho ho ho >:3
Me while researching to write this chapter: OH HO HO HO HO HO HO HO >:)
Me while writing it: *laughing maniacally* >:D

I decided I'd do it because 1) C'mon. Y'all love it. I love it. We all love the Flossie and Marcy dynamic. And 2) I actually hadn't planned that much of Marcy and Flossie interacting, and we MUST have our two little angels hang out more, even if it gets angsty

Also, for the previous chapter: did ya'll know axolotl's and newts could regrow limbs?? I thought it was interesting :3
Ya'll knew where that one-shot was going by the title alone

Anyway, ONWARD WITH THE STORY!!

Note: this takes place during "Little Frog Town"

——

"Alright, kids! Who's ready to go?" Hop Pop yelled out. The kids all yelled and cheered, heading toward the door and stepping into the elevator. The elderly frog had promised a surprise for the kids, and they were eager to know what it was.

"So, what's the surprise, Hop Pop? An outing to a museum? Dinner at the finest restaurant in town? A FIGHT TO THE DEATH WITH A KILLER COBRA?!" Sprig asked excitedly, jumping up and down in anticipation. His grandfather gave him a disapproving look. "Sprig, what did I tell ya about jumping around in the hotel? You could break something!" He scolded, and the pink frog quickly stopped.

"Now, to answer your question: I already told you, it's a surprise." He states. The kids groaned as they stepped out of the elevator, towards the hotel doors. They were surprised when they spot Marcy pacing in front of the see-through doors, sticking her tongue out in concentration as she scribbled something down in her journal.

They exit the hotel, and Anne taps her friend's shoulder. "Oh, hey Mar-mar! What are you doing?" She asked. Marcy looks up, surprised at the sight of her friends, before giving them a smile. "Oh! Hey guys! I'm just writing down some notes before I forget." She explained with a chuckle. "So, what are you lot doing here? Exploring the city?" She questions, putting her journal away.

Flossie pushes to the front. "We're about to!" She says excitedly, tail swaying from side to side. Jean nods, ruffling up the axolotl's hair as Sprig climbs onto the older teen's shoulders. "Yeah, we just left the hotel. Like, literally." She says, pointing to the hotel behind them. Marcy squints her eyes at the sign, realising what the girl said was true.
"Oh, wow. Hadn't realised I was out here." She mumbles. Pulling out her journal once more, she starts scribbling away. "Note to self: be more aware of surroundings..."

"Welp, we better get going. Don't wanna be late." Hop Pop says, heading to where Bessie was being kept. The kids followed him, when Flossie had an idea.

"Hey, Hop Pop! Can I hang out with Marcy today?" She asks, grabbing onto the girls arm. Marcy gasps, grabbing the axolotl's cheeks. "Omg, yes! Floss can join me on my patrol around Newtopia! We can have a Flossie and Marcy day!"

"Absolutely not!" Hop Pop cut in, and the two girls "awed" sadly. "Flossie, your mother wants you back in one piece, not five. No offence, Marcy, but I'm not too sure how much danger you get into on a daily basis, and I don't want Flossie hurt under my watch." Hop Pop explains. Marcy waves him off. "None taken, and it's fine to worry! But just know that I would NEVER let anything bad happen to this sweet little angel." She squeezes Flossie's cheeks, who only gave Hop Pop a pleading look. "Pleeeeaaase Hop Pop?"

The elderly frog still seemed unsure, as he rubbed his arms nervously. "Eh, I-I don't know, girls..." he started, when he felt a hand on his shoulder. Anne gave him a smile. "I think you should let them go. Marcy is more than capable of looking after Floss if she can look after a whole city!" She explains.
Jean nods, joining him. "Yeah, although Marcy can be bit...clumsy," there was an offended "hey!" from Marcy, and Jean chuckled. "But she's a frog-hopping Royal Ranger! She promises that nothing bad would happen to our Floss. Right, Marcy?" She asks, turning her attention to the young ranger.

Marcy places a hand over her heart, clearing her throat. "I swear by King Andrias that I won't let anything bad happen to this little sweetheart!" She exclaims, pulling Flossie into a side hug. "I learned that from my time in Newtopia, baby!"

Hop Pop sighs in defeat. "Alright, alright. You girls have fun. If you need us, we'll be around the same area as the arcade." He explains, walking away. The other remaining children gasp, following their grandfather. "ARCADE?!"

Flossie grins widely, turning to Marcy. "Yes! So, where to first?" She asks, eyes sparkling. Marcy looks up at the sky, humming in thought. "Well, today I'll be patrolling around the Amphitheatre area. So, what'd ya say, Flossie Blossie? You ready for what today will bring?!"
"BORN READY!"

The two cheer, striking a pose, before giggling maniacally as they rush off toward their destination.