Night Drivers

A/N: This chapter is inspired by a guest on fan fiction

Also yes i made the video jdsayhjdcgs I think it fit Flossie after the events of Reptile Mayhem

Late at night, Anne drives the fwagon. Hop Pop sat beside her, with Jean squashed next to him. All three's eyes were red after pulling an all nighter the previous night.
Anne blinks blearily, almost slipping off the moving fwagon when HP catches her with his tongue, pulling her back onto the seat.
Jean almost passes out on the other side of him, and he does the same to her.

Inside the fwagon, Polly, Sprig and Flossie hovered over a map. The pink frog bounces excitedly, grinning from ear to ear. "Alright, girls, check this out! According to this map, if we drive straight through the night, we'll be home by morning!" He announces, pointing at the maps path.

Flossie flaps her hands in excitement, while Polly sighs, relieved. "Say "home" again."

"Just think. Home for breakfast." Sprig adds, eyes sparkling. Each of the amphibious children think about their home town, Wartwood, and the people they'd get to see again after a long month of being away.

"Mmm! Pillbug pancakes." Polly hums. Flossie flops onto the seat. "Seeing mum again. When I get home, I'm giving her the biggest hug I've ever given anyone." She informs.

"Hanging out with Ivy!" Sprig says. Upon seeing his sisters smug looks, he covers his face with his hat, a blushing mess. "N-not that it's a big deal." He chuckles.

There's a large crash from outside, causing the three to jump in their seats. They look around, confused, as the trapdoor leading to the fwagon driving seat opens, and in tumbles Anne, followed by Jean and Hop Pop.

The polliwog points to them accusingly. "Whoa! Where fo you guys think you're going? We've got a schedule to keep!" She shouts. Flossie nods, holding up the map and pointing to the town of Wartwood. "Yeah! We're almost home, see? Why'd you stop?"

Anne stands up groggily, and Jean leans on her for support. "Guys, we've been driving nonstop for like 20 hours." The younger girl groans. Jean props her elbow up on Anne's head. "We're just gonna have a rest then we'll start again tomorrow morning." She informs.

The young amphibians didn't like the sound of that at all. Flossie and Sprig gasp. "But we're so close!"
"Can't you power through one more night? Look how much further we have to go! We'll be in Wartwood by morning!" Flossie shoves the map in Jean and Hop Pop's face, pointing to the short distance between them and their home town.
Polly nods. "Please, please, please? I wanna sleep in a real bed."

Jean gently pushes the map out of her face, giving the kids a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry guys, but I need to sleep. I can barely see anything in front of me." She states, squinting at the direction of the door. The opposite direction of the kids. At this, the amphibians glance at each other. Sprig snaps his fingers. "Hey, Jean? We're over here."
The older teen swivels her head to look at them. "Right, I knew that."

Anne rubs her eyes. "That aside, we know how you guys feel. But you're not the ones who have to drive." She reminds.

Sprig gasps. "Hey, I've got an idea! Why don't you three sleep, and we can get us home!" He gestures to himself and his sisters. Polly grins. "Yeah! Remember how we owned Quarreler's Pass?"
Flossie slams the map onto the table, getting up in a dramatic pose. "Yeah! We're the Impossible Three! We can handle it!"

Hop Pop chuckles at the grandkids. "Oh you sweet, sweet, ignorant kids. Amphibia changes at night. And not for the better, let me tell you. The nocturnal leech flies are bad enough, but I've heard folks tell of evil spirits wandering these parts. Real spookums and such!"

The kids stare at him, and Hop Pop clears his throat. "Haven't seen any myself, of course, but you know, could happen."
Anne and Jean nod tiredly as the elderly frog continues. "Plus, neither of you read Bessie's driving manual!" He points out.

Polly groans, pointing to Jean. "But Jean hasn't either!" She whines. HP shakes his head. "Jean handles the map, and she only drives Bessie for emergencies. Besides, she has experience." He explained.

"But..."

"Forget it. You're not driving, and that's final!" Hop Pop says sternly. Anne points to the bed, pushing Jean off of her. "Now, if you'll excuse us."
The three walk over to the bed, collapsing onto it and falling asleep immediately. The kids look at each in defeat.

——

The three amphibious children were laying on the roof of the fwagon, looking up at the stars above them. None of them could sleep, being too excited and impatient to get back home. Polly groans.