Teen Girl in a Frog World: Whack-A-Mole

Sprig brought a hammer down onto a small mole, only to miss it. "Nuts." He grumbled.
Anne walked up to him, Jean and Flossie right behind. She grinned down at the small frog. "Hey, Sprig! Whatcha doin'?" She asked. Sprig only sighed. "Pest problem. This guy's ruining out crops!"
Many more moles popped up from the ground, letting out squeaks of laughter at the pink frog. He tries to hit them again, but misses.
Flossie gave him an odd look. "Why are you trying to hit them? You know it'll end badly." She pointed out. Sprig shrugged.
Anne took the hammer from the small frog, pushing him aside. "Step aside, friend! Back home, I was the whack-a-mole champ!" She gloated. Kneeling down, she waited.
A mole popped out once more, and Anne brought the hammer down. Removing it, she found the mole gone, only to pop back up in another hole. It squeaked up at her.
Jean chuckled. "Need a little help there, Anne?" She chuckled. Anne glared at her, bringing the hammer up once again. "I won't miss this time!"
Another mole popped out of the ground, and Anne brought the hammer down once more, hitting her target. The mole quickly disappears, dazed.
"Ha! See? I did it!" Anne cheered. Sprig cheered too. "You got him!"
Anne grinned, brushing the dust from her hands. "I hope I didn't hit the little guy too hard." She said, almost feeling guilty. Sprig cackled, before giving the teen a serious look. "Little?"
The earth rumbled underneath them. "Sprig, what do you mean by that? Sprig?!" Jean yelled, trying to keep her balance.
Hundreds of moles popped up from the ground, and was soon followed by a giant mole. The kids screamed, as the mole attempted to crush them in its rage.
"Flossie, why didn't you warn us?!" Jean shrieked, picking up the young axolotl. Flossie was just as freaked out. "I thought you knew!"