Teen Girl in a Frog World: Scenic Route

The Plantars, Anne and Jean were riding on Bessie, trying to get home. Anne threw her hands up in the air, exasperated.
"Man, this route is boooriiiiing! Even Jean fell asleep!" The teen groaned, pointing to her sleeping human friend.
Hop Pop smirked, as an idea started to form in his mind. "Boring, huh? Well, you guys wanna take the scenic route?" He asked the kids. Sprig and Polly cheered, as Anne leaned back in her seat. "Thanks, HP!"
Hop Pop winked. "Just make sure ya hold on. Hyah!" With that, he guided Bessie to the scenic route.

—————

The Plantars were in a crystal cave. Anne, who was taller than the others, hit her head several times on the overhanging crystals. She yelped in pain, as Jean slept on.

—————

They were now in a lake. Anne held her breath, and Jean, who'd woken up, was holding her breath too. She glared at Hop Pop and the Plantars, who seemed unfazed.

—————

Jean had fallen back asleep, accidentally taking Anne's seat. Anne was left to hold on for dear life, since the Plantars were driving Bessie up a cliffside.
The human screamed in fear, kicking her legs at nothing and losing her second shoe.

—————

The hot sun of the desert beat down on Anne, who wasn't taking the drop of temperature very well. She's managed to push sleeping Jean over enough for her to lie down, and attempted to get as cool as possible.

—————

Thunder boomed. It was dark and raining, and Anne clutched her knees tightly. The glowing mushrooms were the only thing visible.
Large, glowing eyes emerged from the darkness, watching the travellers. Anne yelped in fear as she caught sight of it, hugging sleeping Jean close.

—————

They'd finally made it home. Pulling up to the Plantars residence, the frog children stared off into space. Their expressions read that they'd seen things, and were now traumatised for life.
Hop Pop chuckled, turning to Anne, who's hair was on fire. Jean, still sleeping soundly next to her, was snoring.
"How's that, Anne? Still boring?" Hop Pop asked. Anne threw her hands in the air. "WOOHOO! LET'S GO AGAIN!" The human cheered, pumping her fists.
Her sleeping friend yelped awake, falling off of Bessie. Anne looked down at her as she leapt to her feet. "Wha happen? Where's the danger?!" She yelled, blinking her sleepy eyes.
"....Oops."