Who's The Boss

it had been an unnecessarily stressful day at work

it had been an unnecessarily stressful day at work. for the most part, it wasn't too busy, but your coworkers made everything more difficult than it had to be.

about two weeks ago, you started working as an innovation data intern. the tasks were never too much to handle, but everyone you worked with were assholes.

you would graciously pitch an idea that nobody would agree on, but the next person to rearrange your words and pitch the same idea was a genius! not to mention they were plain rude. they never respected your workspace and always took your supplies without permission, usually never returning them.

you had expected to work in an office would fun like on the television shows but life hit you hard.

by the time you got off, you were more than ready to return home to your boyfriend. he was always there to listen to your rants.

stepping into your apartment, you slid your shoes off and hung your jacket on the coat rack, smiling as you heard music playing down the hall. that had become a natural occurrence; whenever Von was busy working on something, the music would help him concentrate.

quietly shuffling into his studio, you watched as he focused on mixing an audio. slowly, you wrapped your arms around his waist and placed a kiss on his back.

he grinned down at your hand before grabbing and pressing a small peck against it. you smile against him before letting go, moving to sit on a couch that was pushed against the wall.

 you smile against him before letting go, moving to sit on a couch that was pushed against the wall

"how was work?" he asked, not taking his eyes off his the keyboard in front of him.

sighing deeply, you prepared to unload everything you've had built up. you started off by explaining how you politely greeted everyone this morning with coffee whereas no one bothered to thank you, followed by how objects off your desk are disappearing, to how everyone steals your ideas.

by the time you finished speaking, you glanced over to see why Von wasn't responding. simply put, he wasn't paying attention.

"Dayvon?" you called out, "are you listening?"