Its Always Been You

Part 2 To "I'm Not Her" I recommend you read that before this one!
Word Count-624
Should I Write A Part 3?! Should I Make It A Story Of It's Own?

It had been a year since she walked out on Dayvon. She knew in her heart that she couldn't compare to his ex-girlfriend, and she didn't want to be second best. It was a tough decision, but she knew it was the right one.

As time passed, Dayvon couldn't get her off his mind. He missed her smile, her laugh, and the way she made him feel. He tried to move on, but he couldn't. He realized that he had made a mistake by letting her go.

Hell, he even tried getting back with his ex but even then she couldn't compare to you. This past year really made him open his eyes and show that he really dropped a diamond.

One day, he was driving aimlessly in the pouring rain of the Atlanta streets. He saw an all too familiar store, which told him exactly where he was at. He was in her neighborhood.

He knew better than to just show up randomly at her house in the middle of the night; after no contact at all. But his heart and mind were fighting but the heart was coming out on top.

Surprise and anger and shock were written all over her features when she went open her foot expecting the delivery boy to be there with money in her hand. She didn't know what to say. Part of her wanted to forgive him, but a bigger part of her was still hurt and angry.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I know I messed up. I was stupid and selfish. I never should have let you go."

She looked at him, not sure what to say. She stepped aside letting him in, not wanting to be the reason why he was sick the next morning.
She only allowed him to go as far as the kitchen.

She stood there in an awkward silence not knowing what to say until he cleared his throat she looks over towards him.

"I don't expect you to forgive me but" she places her hand up interrupting him mid sentence. "Von just save it. I forgave you. I can't blame you for wanting to follow your heart. I'm never one to stop someone for getting their happiness. So if that's what you're here for you can take the flower and leave." She gestures towards the lonely sunflower and then the door.

She didn't want to put herself through another heartbreak deciding to her feelings aside.

"No, I'm not going" Von said in a stern voice. Which shocked her but she didn't allowed that to show on her face.

Anger slowly started to build up in her. "Von you have no right to break my heart and then come here in the middle of the night and act like all of a sudden you care." With each word her voice began to raise as she pokes him in the chest to prove her point. "You have no fucking right at all. I don't even know why I even let you in!." She lets out a sigh of frustration. "Get out right now and never come back." She shoves the flower into the chest as she ushers him towards the door.

Before he can muster another word out she slammed the door on his face. She was not going to give him the benefit to see her shed a single tear.

"It's always been you." He solemnly whispers before placing the flower by the door in the mailbox taking a quick glance back towards it.

She locked the door as she punched it before sliding down the wall. She wasn't sad she was angry! Angry for being hurt, for allowing someone to get the best of her emotions like that...