A Million Reasons

A prequel to Happier

"You're giving me a million reasons to let you go, a million reasons to quit the show," you screamed, tugging at your hair, this seemed to be a regular occurrence in the Bennett household, the constant arguments over things that didn't really matter.

It wasn't always like this. You were once always in the honeymoon phase but slowly that started to vanish, which left you grasping at what once was.

"Baby' please," Von sighed, running his hand over his face.

"I'm being serious," you whispered, not bothered to wipe away the tears that fell, "If I had a highway, I would run for the hills. If you could find a dry way, I'd forever be still. But you're giving me a million reasons,"

Von hated where this was going, he didn't know how to fix things and he wasn't holding back the tears anymore.

"I bow down to pray. I try to make the worst seem better. Lord, show me the way to cut through all his worn out leather," you sobbed,

"I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away. But, baby, I just need one good one to stay,"

Silence fell over the both of you as you kept your eyes trained on Von.

"Because I love you," he whispered, pushing himself to his feet taking your hand in his, "I'm nothing without you and I need your help to get out of the bad shit that is life. All those other females ain't mean shit, I was always thinking bout you. It's time we went legit,"

Your eyes widen from the sudden declaration of his feelings. You were always the one that said I love you to him...