Miracles

Your admiring of the Christmas tree was cut short as a familiar voice murmured over your shoulder; 'Dance with me

Your admiring of the Christmas tree was cut short as a familiar voice murmured over your shoulder; 'Dance with me.'

It was a simple request that had your lips turning upward—Von was not a dancer. Not in the three years you'd known him, and especially not in front of his friends. Accepting, you let him pull you into him, your head on his shoulder.

With one hand tucked in his against his chest, and the other wrapped around the back of his neck, you swayed with him slowly to a song neither of you knew. The golden hue of the festive lights caused shadows to fall across his face that made his handsome features even more prominent.

'Have you thought about what I said?' Von questions softly, rubbing circles with his thumb against the small of your back.

Your chin rested against his shoulder, the two of you molded perfectly together. You simply nodded, 'Mm.'

'And?'

'You'll break my heart,' you reason weakly as his grip on you tightened.

'More like you'd break mine,' he retorts jokingly.

'You're too famous—your fans would be angry if they found out,' you try again.

'They'll get over it.'

'Who'll keep the dogs if we break up?' you ask him dramatically while he chuckled, burying his face into your nape to stifle his laughter.

'We don't have dogs yet, and I know what you're doing,' he accuses, pulling back to take in your face and the way you gnawed at your lip with uncertainty.

'I'm not doing anything,'

'Liar,' he grins, 'You're stalling.'

'I'm nervous,' you defend—and you were. After hiding your feelings for him for months, he'd been the one to confess first, and it seemed far too good to be true; he wore Louis Vuitton to bed, while you slept in oversized old shirts. He was way out of your league.

In your hesitance, Von took the opportunity to grab hold of your chin, keeping you still as he quietly begged; 'Just give us a chance.'

It was as if you were butter and he the fiery depths of hell. You melted.

'I'd be good to you,' he says confidently, causing you to smile at his determination. He returned the grin, his forehead pressed to yours as his hands linked together at your waist, locking you in his hold.

'You promise?' you ask him shyly, catching him off-guard, his eyes widening at your tone.

'fuck...You don't get to act this cute when I'm already in love with you!' he chastises under his breath, holding you so close that you'd gone from dancing to hugging. Your laughter was melodic and Von couldn't help but join you, only pulling away to ask one more time, 'So?'

'You're lucky that I don't need mistletoe to do this,' you tease before quickly pressing your lips to his, giving him the answer he'd been waiting for.

He deepened the kiss almost immediately, pulling you against him as he gently pecked at your lips once more before pulling away, his chest heaving as he joked, 'It's a Christmas Miracle.'