Traitor

Two weeks

Two weeks. That's all it had been. Just two weeks. Two weeks since Y/ns heart was broken. Broken by the one person who said they won't ever betray you himself, Dayvon Bennett. And just to make it all the more painful, he was now with the one woman that Von had told Y/n not to worry about, time after time, Misharron Allen AKA Asian Doll.

Y/n tried to fight off the tears that were building in her eyes, trying to keep herself together as she drove through the streets of Chicago. She knew she should've seen it. All the little white lies and guilty looks that she just brushed off suddenly seemed to make so much more sense. Deep down, she knew something was going on, she'd seen this coming for a while. But she was so blinded by her love for him that she ignored it. She chose to trust the words he said. She chose to listen to her heart that was so hopelessly in love with him rather than her mind which was telling her to leave. She made that choice, to stay with him, through everything he'd been through. To put her life in danger just by being with him....and this is how he repaid her.

She pulled up in front of the house she once called home, but she no longer felt joy when she saw the house. Instead, all she could feel was a full ache in her heart. That ache only grew when she saw Von, waiting outside.

Her bags were already outside, ready for her to collect. She couldn't help but feel a little grateful for that; it meant that she could just put her bags in the car and leave quickly.

She took a deep breath before she got out of the car, noticing that Von was trying so hard to avoid looking at her.

Y/n didn't say anything as she approached him, nor did he say anything to her. It wasn't until her hand gripped the handle of the last bag, that Von stepped forward.

"I'm sorry Y/n..." he said, with almost a look of shame on his face.

"I never wanted to hurt you," he continued, but Y/n just scoffed at his statement, "but I love Asian, I have done for years..."

'God I wish you had thought this through before I went and fell in love with you,' Y/n thought to herself, feeling her heart break at his admission.

"All those times..." she began, trying to steady her voice, swallowing back the cry that threatened to spill from her lips, "All those times you lied to me and said you were at the clubhouse...or on a run, you were with her."

A sigh left Von lips as he took of his cap shaking his dreads to fix them before placing it back on his head.

"Nothing happened whilst I was with you, I didn't cheat on you Y/n," he defended, his eyes meeting hers, but it was like he was trying to persuade himself more than her.

"You think that makes it hurt any less, knowing that whilst I was in love with you...all you could think about was her," Y/n stated, her voice trailing off at the end, as a tear fell from her eye, cascading down her cheek.

"You may not have cheated physically, Von, but you still betrayed me." She continued, wiping away the stray tear that had fallen.

"Goodbye, Dayvon," was the last thing she said to him as she packed her last bag away in the car, before sitting in the driver's seat and driving away. Driving away from him and Chicago for good.