27

Life has been surprisingly well for me and I should've known it was a little too good to be true but I'm an optimistic, so what can I say?

For starters, I did it. I sent in my modeling application and portfolio with absolutely no hope in myself and for some reason they liked me. Maybe, I'm a bit more handsome than I think...

Or my newfound height is just that attractive?

"Javier bebé..." my mom had stared at me in amazement and I stared back slightly offended because she was looking at me like I was a foreign creature. "You getting a little tall!"

And I should've known something was up because Elias kept staring at me with inquisitive eyes whenever he thought I wasn't looking but now I know — it's because I'm starting to look like a man.

Shit, does he still like me? It's just a few inches... it's not that big a deal. I'm still shorter than his giant ass.

Christmas passed, I gave Elias my sketchbook of him in private and my painting of cereal on our actual Christmas Day. He loved both of course and though he teases me for the sketch book, I still find him flipping through it some nights when sleep seems far away.

My mom and Enrique are good. Her belly is getting huge and for Christmas I got her a bunch of baby girl stuff because apparently Elias and I were getting a sister.

She was ecstatic with the news and this has been the happiest I've seen her in a long time. The urge and want to tell her about Elias and I strays further away from my mind every day.

Speaking of, we've been surprisingly good. For Christmas, he got me more paint supplies and a bracelet made from the crystal he found me on our trip. It was beautiful and had his initials carved under the stone just for me.

Since our fight we have had a better understanding of one another.

He's careful with how he talks to me and how he treats me while I've learned to give him his space when I know he's moody — all the while being there for him when I know he needs me.

It's tricky some days, somedays I don't know what it is exactly that he wants but I just ask and he'll usually tell me.

Today was different. He seemed off since this morning and it was odd to me because we slept in the same bed last night.

I didn't question it just yet, I just left him alone thinking he was maybe down today. But I kept it in mind to ask him what the problem was once we were alone in our car.

Surprisingly, he tells me first. He keeps it short and simple nevertheless, my heart still drops.

"Tyla is pregnant."

And I have to pause and internally laugh because just when I think the universe is finally letting me have my way, this happens.

"Um..." I turn to him and he just stares at me blankly as if he didn't just tell me something serious. "Okay..."

I didn't know what to say actually, I wasn't happy but I couldn't be angry either. Maybe, a little sad but then I thought about it...

"You're not mad at me?" He asks just as I question accusingly, "I thought you used protection?"

He shrugs, blinking a few times like he doesn't understand either. "I did," he frowns. "but she keeps insisting that it's mine so we have to wait and see now."