15

"Y'all excited for the game?" Rhei asks nonchalantly and I shrug, a bit worried seeing as I haven't seen Elias yet.

In our shared class he hadn't showed (neither did LJ but that's besides the point) and this morning when I briefly saw him talking to Tyla before going to class he seemed irritated.

"How can you not be!? This is the most important game!" Isa exclaims whilst almost walking into an angry mom. "Ooh, shit," she mumbles. "Her bad."

I shake my head in amusement.

"You mean the most important party," Rhei giggles, nosing Nicolette's cheek. "If we win that is."

Nicolette smiles shyly.

"We're going to win," Isa rolls her eyes. "Speaking of parties though, is LJ throwing it again?"

"Speaking of LJ..." Rhei glances over at Nicolette, nudging her before looking over at me with pursed lips.

I feel her gaze, finally looking away from the exit gate to blink. "What?"

"I ran into LJ and this girl sneaking out of the bathroom," Nicolette admits quickly, blush raising and voice small as she avoids eye contact.

Isa gasps at her before peeking over at me. I sigh.

They knew about LJ and I from the little bits that I've told them. It wasn't like I was hiding it or anything, it's just... we're nothing and although I like him as a person, I didn't like him enough to care that he wasn't serious about us.

Whatever "us" was.

"You okay?" Rhei asks uncertainly and I shrug.

"I really... don't care," I laugh a bit and for some reason they frown as if they don't believe me.

"Aw baby," Isa starts, reaching out to hold my hand.

"No seriously guys," I laugh, glancing around at all of them. "I don't care."

For some reason though, feeling all their pitiful gazes on me makes me feel weak and vulnerable.

It makes me feel angry.

My eyes swell up before I know it.

"Oh Javi—"

"No seriously," I snap, pulling my hand away. "I'm fine!"

And with that, and everyone else's eye's on me, I leave.

'*'

LJ ❤️🙄: aye u good? I saw u after school and just wanted to check on u

I roll my eyes, tossing my phone and going back to glooming on my rug.

Eventually I sigh, pulling myself up and looking around my room.

I was home alone, our parents deciding to reconcile with a trip to Vegas apparently.

I on the other hand was frustrated. Or maybe I was just tired?

No... I slept like a baby with Elias.