32

I look over at Eli and he's staring at the ground, his back leaning against our car. He seems to be trying to figure out what to say and I think it makes us look more suspicious than anything.

I start hesitantly, Isa's hand finding my own as I come from behind her. "Well—"

"Nah man, you know that's the bro," Eli cuts me off and though he sounds steady Avon is still staring between us unsurely.

I look over and see Adonis staring at me hard, his eyes narrowed and searching. I flush and his brown orbs suddenly widen.

"No way," he says, a knowing smirk on his face. "You lot really shagging?"

I open my mouth to object but he just shakes his head at me, pointing and coming closer.

"Don't try to lie Javi! I see right through you mate!"

"I— No seriously—"

Avon starts to laugh in disbelief, Elias closing his eyes and sighing in defeat.

"Ain't no way boy," Avon starts. "Ain't no way."

"Boy it is not a big deal," Isa rolls her eyes, taking down her ponytail unbothered. "They not really related."

Elias opens his eyes and glares as to question, 'She knew?!'

I avert my gaze sheepishly, looking at Adonis who seems to be taking the news fairly well.

"Thank fuck were not the only gays round here," he shrugs, rewatching the fight on his phone. "Ain't that right Avon."

My eyes widen in tenfold. I look over at Isa who looks just as shocked as me and then find  Elias who's glancing in between a stunted Avon and oblivious looking Adonis bewildered.

"Dude!" Avon blurts, looking shaken and betrayed. "What the fuck!"

"Oh fuck off," Adonis rolls his eyes. Barely paying our reactions any mind. "They were going to find out anyway."

"No the fuck they weren't! And I told you I'm not fucking gay!"

"Well if you fucking another nigga you not straight either," Eli shrugs, lifting from off our car and starting for our house.

"Nah, look. Let me tell you bro," Avon tries, following only to be pulled back by a Adonis.

"Boy, this some Wattpad shit," Isa snorts and I furrow my brows at her, the two of us following Eli.

"What's Wattpad?"

She looks at me with excitement, her eyes gleaming under her mink lashes. "Boy! Let me put you on! It's this reading app—"

"You read?" Elias cuts her off, surprise on his face as he looks back.

She smacks her lips and hits him with her knee. He laughs and I smile in amusement. "Yes I read asshole! Anyway, it's this app and I'm telling you! It got all the x-rated, urban, good ass books! Gangsta trilogies and all that! Don't play! Imma show you, just watch!"

I just laugh, listening to Avon complaining behind us.

"Man I can't believe yo ass!" I hear a smack and look back to see Adonis pushing him back in retaliation.

"Don't be mad bae. We gotta live our truth."

"Bae?!" Isa mocks, eyes wide as she looks back. "So y'all dating for real?"

Avon's face falls flat, Adonis wrapping his lanky arms around his presumed significant other.

"Nah—" he starts just as Adonis speaks.