Chapter 2

"Da-Damien?" I stuttered.

Dad nodded slowly.

"No. I'm not coming," I said.

"You'll have to see him soon enough," Dad pointed out.

"Not this soon!" I retorted.

"Eve, the company needs you. Please?" Dad asked.

I looked away, "Don't give me that look."

He knew I couldn't say no when he looked so much like a lost puppy. I glanced back at him, and let out an exasperated sigh, knowing that I was going to regret this.

"Fine." I muttered.

A wide grin spread across dad's face and he stood up and pulled me into a big bear hug.

I soaked in his embrace for a minute, feeling like it was a shield, before slowly pulling away.

"One condition. He doesn't know about Lily because you promised you wouldn't tell him about her, and that stays that way. Got it?" I asked.

Dad didn't even protest, knowing that it was the right choice as a mother, to protect her child.

I had fallen apart when Damien had kicked me out, and my parents and Thalia brought me out, but if he rejected Lily? I would kill him, no matter the feelings I still had for him. I would rip his head from his body and then burn his corpse if he so much as breathed in the wrong way in front of Lily.

"Great! Since that's settled, I'm going to be leaving. I need to go to my house and get everything set up," Thalia said with a smile.

"Oh! When you see your parents, tell them I said hi!" I said.

I loved Thalia's parents. They had also been a constant support when they figured out what Damien had did to me. They were like my god parents.

An hour or so after Thalia had left, my stuff, and Lily's stuff got here. As I took everything up to my room, I couldn't help but smile.

This is really happening. I'm really going back to my old life. And this time, I wouldn't let a guy break my heart. Because I am Evelyn Delia Emmerson, heiress to the second biggest company in the world

And at that meeting, I would show everyone exactly who I'd been before.

Two days later, I was getting ready for the meeting. Back in the days when I used to this often, I wore my normal clothes. Dresses and pretty clothes. I mostly wore them because that's what I usually wore, but it also had an advantage to it. Most people thought that because I was wearing dresses and looked like a pretty little thing that was showed off as a trophy, they shouldn't pay much attention to me. Everyone had learned not to ever think that. And maybe it was time to remind everyone.

I wore a simple plain blue dress that was off shoulder and ended at my knees. It was light blue, like the sky, and even though it was plain, Thalia told me I pulled it off perfectly.

I brushed and curled the ends of my wavy blonde hair. I added just a bit of mascara to thicken and curl my lashes, and threw on a pair of sliver sandal-heels.

I got Lily into a simple yellow sundress and then pinned back parts of her hair. I gave her to my mom after placing a soft kiss to her forehead.

"Go and crush them," Mom said with a wink as she took Lily from my arms.

I grinned and then kissed her cheek and waved goodbye to both of them before walking outside to where my dad waited for me outside. When he saw me, he motioned for me to spin around so he could see my outfit.