Chapter 19

The confession came pretty easily. Maybe just a bit messy. I left Trix tied to his bed post, gagged and cut up, with a threat that hopefully keeps his mouth shut.

When I get out of his room, I glance at where Damien had stood before, and fide him still standing there, trying, and failing to not look angry.

I subtly tilted my head to the door and then left, getting into the car where Dad and James waited. Damien came in a minute later, and moments later, we were off, none of talking until we were far away from the bar.

"Did it work?" James asks, his voice cutting through the silence.

I hold up my phone that was recording the whole thing, and hit the play button.

"Alright, alright," I hear Trix pant out, "I'll admit it. I framed your father and James to make it seem like they were betraying the other companies!"

I stop the recording.

"Why is he out of breath?" Damien asks, his voice sharp.

I hold out the knife that I'd tucked into one of the straps on my dress. It catches the light through the window, and the metal gleams, the blood on the bottom of the knife gleaming like rubies.

"I threatened to cut off one of his fingers."

And that was that.

Hey Guys! It's winterbreak for me, now, so I won't be updating for a while. I know that this chapter was short, but I'll make up for it once I come back from my vacation. Have a good time! Bye!