16: Why, Why, Why?

Someone tapped me on the shoulder, startling me awake. I immediately opened my eyes, gasping in frustration. One of my least favorite things is getting woken up earlier than I intend to be woken up. It took a while for my eyes to adjust to their surroundings.

"So much for watching a movie; you slept through the entire last half!" Alfie joked, earning an annoyed glare from me. I liked Alfie, but I was too tired to come across nicely to him.

"Fuck off," I responded. My voice was so weak it barely came out more than a rough sound. It was hard to make out Alfie's face due to the sleep in my eyes, but it looked like he wasn't too pleased with my sudden attitude. I could just make out the obvious eye roll he gave me.

I lifted my hands to rub the sleep out of my eyes, but I ended up just covering them. Literally, it took all the energy I had left in me to get my hand that close.  I groaned, hating myself for being tired, and hating the world for making me tired. Connor helped me up once everyone started leaving.

"What happened?" Tyler asked once we reached the exit of the theatre. I had been waiting for this moment to come; when he would finally ask me about the incident. I could tell you what I told them, but that was what the previous chapter was for.

Towards the end of the story, Zoe, Alfie, and Tyler were giving Connor and me super shocked glances.

"What an idiot," Zoe said, pulling me into a hug. I sighed against her chest, comforted by the embrace. "Troye, you did nothing to deserve that."

I nodded in response, but I am not sure it was very believable. There were tears falling out of my eyes and my hands were visibly shaking from reliving the situation for them.  Zoe petted my hair and I snuggled my head further into her hand. I tried my best to match my breathing to hers, something that we had practiced significantly beforehand.

"Hey, stop crying Troye. How about we go over to my place tonight?" She asked. The rest of the crew added stuff like, "That's a good idea!" and, "I think that'd be fun." I pulled out of the hug, and wiped my eyes. Before I could even take a step back, I was muddled into another hug. The person wrapped their arms over me, so that we were back to chest. I probably wouldn't have known who it was because my eyes were closed, but there was only one person I knew who wore fruity cologne; Tyler.

"Hey don't be scared. Caspar is a bitch and doesn't deserve this kind of reaction out of you," Tyler said quietly into my ear. I nodded my head in agreement.

"Yeah, he doesn't," I said, trying my best to sound strong to prove my point. I shouldn't have let myself get that way. I was already physically hurt, the last thing I need was to be mentally hurt on top of that. "Let's go. We are making a scene," I pointed out, gesturing to the people who were eying us with different expressions. Rhetorically, everyone decided to leave after my statement.

We decided that Zoe can drive with Alfie, Tyler by himself, and that Connor and I can ride together. We figured that that way, everyone's car was going to make it too Zoe's. It made sense, really.

After walking over to my car—which was unfortunately parked all the way to the other side of the parking lot due our previous problem with the over-crowded parking lot earlier—Connor and I looked at each other. It was clear that he wanted to drive, and it was even clearer that I wasn't in the proper mind-set to drive. That only meant one thing: he was driving. I sighed and rolled my eyes, giving in to the inevitable. "Yes you can drive," I said with an annoyed undertone. "But only this time," I warned. He gave me a curt nod and ran over to me. Without a second thought, Connor grabbed the keys that I had dug out of my pocket, out of my hands and quickly ran over to the drivers' side of the vehicle. Little did I know that was probably the fastest he had ever run.