Chapter 26

In the darkness of Dream's bedroom, two amorphous figures huddle over a screen that provides the only source of light in their space. A large, fluffy blanket loosely wraps around their frames, sliding off by the second from their shifting around.

Just now, the blanket falls off completely as George faces Dream abruptly and shifts around so he's tilted toward him with an earnest expression.

"Dream, please. This is essential to our friendship, and I don't think we can keep doing this if you keep this up," he says, and raises his shoulders in a shrug, "It's your choice."

"Why are you like this?" Dream whines as he leans forward to type something into the search bar, finally relenting, "Didn't you already say I was gonna be Gryffindor or something?"

Scooting back excitedly now that Dream has finally caved, George eagerly shoves Dream out of the way to select a quiz for him, "Yeah but I need to know if the internet agrees."

"You're the actual worst," Dream grumbles as George gets a little too close into his personal space bubble with the way he's twisted to access the keyboard. The overlap of their bodies feels warm, and George does everything to not think about it.

"Okay, Dream. Now take the quiz," George replies, faking nonchalance as he pushes the screen in Dream's directly with a big, content smile.

"I hate this."

George doesn't think he's been as exhilarated as right now in a very long time. He has a stomach full of greasy Chinese food, having finally convinced Dream that they can splurge their calories on something unhealthy "just this once," and his mind is slowly sinking into the delirium of exhaustion. It's 9 p.m., which is objectively not too late, but George's jet lag makes him the victim of falling tired too early and too easily.

He doesn't think sleep will happen any time soon, though, with the way he's so excited for everything that he's doing with Dream. After he convinced Dream to play Mad Libs with him on the phone, he's just been on some sort of an activity-high that makes him unnecessarily excited at everything. Even after Dream made them watch a documentary, yes, a documentary, for their movie, George manages to retain his energetic self and forces Dream to do random internet browsing session with him.

Which is how they ended up here, George watching from the sidelines in glee as Dream begrudgingly inputs answers into the quiz. George, ever the Harry Potter nerd, had to make Dream take a house-sorting quiz after hearing that he'd never officially done one before. For the sake of time, however, he elected not to make an account to get the actual test, but chose a result he saw on the internet.

"These answers are so shit," Dream mutters as he stares at the screen, "None of these options applies to me."

"Just choose the one closest," George insists, not letting Dream be a downer on his own mood, "You got this."

"I don't even remember what half of this is. I read Harry Potter in like fourth grade!"

George chooses to ignore him as he simply points to the screen in the simple gesture that means "get on with it." Dream, sensing his protests won't lead anywhere, quiets down to finish the quiz.

On one of the questions, Dream turns his head to look at George.

"'How do your friends describe you?'" George reads as he squints at the screen, "Well, a lot of these describe you."

"I know!" Dream takes the opportunity to express his displeasure again, "This is why these quizzes are so stupid. They make everything so one-dimensional."

"Just put 'Hardwork'," George says as he ignores Dream, "You're always working."

"Unlike someone else I know," sasses Dream as he clicks on the answer and travels to the next question, "Who takes a week to edit one single video."