Chapter 31

"Blushing? Guys, I don't know what you're seeing today but I'm not blushing," George responds casually, as he continues to click away at the anvils about to drop on his head. It has no effect on how things actually turn out, but Dream's always done it and now he's picked up on the habit too.

He's just started the newest round of mini-games with Dream, having promised himself to stream more to compensate for the fact that they're hiding a whole meet-up from the fans and depriving them of much-desired content.

George shifts a little closer to the edge of a block he's chosen to camp on, checking his in-game footing and looking up to make sure no unexpected anvil will cost him his victory this round. Concentrating on the game doesn't help the way chat and his donos refuse to stop talking about the strange rash which has appeared on his cheek, and George does his best to pretend he knows nothing of its existence.

To acknowledge it would be too much of an embarrassment and George truly would like to leave the moment behind.

Dream, on the other hand, doesn't seem to want to stop talking about it, "No, George, I'm seeing it too. Why is, like, your right cheek so red?"

George laments the fact that he can't kill Dream in this particular mini-game and also the fact that he can't shut Dream up without the fans suspecting something happening. He musters his best impression of confusion and pretends to look at his webcam display.

"Seriously? I honestly don't see it," he lies right through his teeth as he feigns scrutinizing his face, "That's so weird- Oh look! I won!"

He throws out a distraction and prays to God that Dream leaves him alone. Thankfully, he does. He makes a comment about the crafting game next up in their series of games and George clings onto it like a life-saving thread.

"Gold, netherrack, cobble," he repeats to himself as he copies the block formation onto the mini-version in front of him, "Wood, brick, dirt."

George finishes second, and he thinks he might actually have a chance of beating Dream this time around. The whole night he's been losing spectacularly in all sorts of ways, from failed Bedwars games to flunked mini-games and then his ever-observant and stubborn chat refusing to move on from the strange redness on his cheek. The thought of victory for just once does wonders to his morale, and George starts ignoring his subs and donations to actually try on the game.

Next up, the mob-shooting range. George has confidence in his archery skills, and now that he's putting effort into his shots it's obvious there's a difference. He hits three golden-armored zombies in a row, manages to hit a skeleton when it misses another zombie, and eventually comes up top the leaderboard for that game.

"Let's go!" he exclaims as he slams his desk, one of his go-to gestures when he's feeling very involved with a game.

"Ugh, George is trying now," Dream complains from the other end of the line, "That's so annoying."

"Oh, I'm annoying, okay," George shoots back, "Yup, cool, sounds about right."

Dream doesn't respond, probably intimidated by George's immediate reaction and very excellent comeback, and George smiles triumphantly as they move onto the game of piggyback combat.

"Says George," Dream suddenly remarks as the game counts down 10, "Who's so colorblind he can't even see the weird rash on his cheek."

"Wha-? You-" George scoffs so loud it probably echoes all the way downstairs, "Wow, guys. Dream really took five minutes to come up with a comeback it was a colorblind joke. So original. Wow."

"That was not five minut- Why is this idiot targeting me?" In a panic of trying to defeat the stream snipers, Dream isn't quite able to continue the argument.