Chapter 35

George doesn't ever come to acknowledge his feelings or anything gross like that, preferring to simply let the pleasant buzz of spending time with Dream ring and echo until it goes away on its own, to be replaced by another moment that starts the cycle anew.

That doesn't mean nothing changes, however, because George starts finding that he's growing a resistance to being flustered by physical contact or insinuations of affection the more he spends time around Dream.

It's gotten to the point where George can appear stoic and unbothered even if Dream hangs off of his neck and beg for cuddles. He imagines that just a week ago, he would have frozen up and blushed, stammering his way out of the situation and being amazed by the fact that they're able to do this now that they're in person. The more experienced George enjoys the physical contact but isn't obviously affected by it, even occasionally returning gestures of his own and pleasantly surprising the unsuspecting Dream.

With the amount of time they spend with each other, it shouldn't be surprising that their cuddling rates also go up.

George likes to believe that their interactions aren't entirely him being a little menace and making life difficult for Dream.

If George is tired from being on someone's stream or editing a new video, he's found that the best way to remedy that is by flopping onto Dream's bed and scrolling through his phone until he passes out. Then sometimes, when he wakes up, Dream will have magically transported himself under the covers to cuddle him.

They don't ever really talk about it, but it always ends up happening, and George hopes it'll stay that way. He likes waking up to Dream next to him, even if they both don't cross the intentional distance that separates them from being completely dissolved in each other's hugs.

Currently, George is looking at Dream's Twitter feed as he scrolls through the timeline. Their post-cuddle activities so far have been going through social media and trying not to acknowledge or talk about anything regarding their rampantly suspicious relationship.

Dream sits against the headboard with the blanket still covering his legs, and George sits next to him, their arms touching as he tries to escape the grogginess of waking up from a nap.

Dream's timeline is a miscellaneous mix of everything, and offers adequate entertainment for their tired minds. It seems like a depressing way to spend time but George thinks it's one of the more comforting activities they engage in.

The bed is soft, the blanket is warm, his head is resting on Dream's shoulder, life is good.

George thinks he has fallen back asleep with the way he's not even registering any of the tweets passing by on Dream's screen, everything blurring together as his eyes don't really settle on anywhere. Until something catches his eye.

"Wait!" George suddenly says as he grabs Dream's wrist to prevent him from scrolling, "Look."

What grabs his attention is a piece of fanart, with Dream in his usual depiction with the mask and fluffy blond hair. He's paired with a business casual shirt and a suit jacket half-falling off, artfully arranged to drape off of the top part of his arm. What's really interesting about the piece, however, are the harnesses crisscrossing over his chest and on his waist. To top it all off, a black velvety collar rests on his throat, the attached leash held in the fanart Dream's gloved hand.

"That's cool," Dream says as he clicks on the picture to enlarge it, "Cool art."

"It's so clean," George says in amazement as he looks at the picture, "You think you can recreate this in real life?"

Dream looks over to him and stares. George lifts his head off of Dream's shoulder and stares back, unfocusing his eyes and trying to avoid Dream's upcoming comments by feigning ignorance.