Chapter 44

Below contains the transcript for the interrogation of popular YouTuber Dream on the case regarding his soulmark, as conducted and envisioned by Detective 404. This confession was taken through video call but has been altered into the scenario of an interrogation room through the vivid imagination of Detective 404, who handled the case. All dialogue and reactions remain unaltered in meaning, and mostly in content.

[Dream sits at attention, tense but aware. Detective 404 sits across from him, folded fingers holding up his chin as he contemplates.]

Detective 404: You claim to have a confession to make, which you will disclose to me in the following interrogation. Is that correct?

Dream: Yes. I would like to come clean about certain things regarding my soulmark, which has unfairly affected you as well.

Detective 404: Are you referring here to fellow content creator GeorgeNotFound?

Dream: That's literally you-

Detective 404: Are you referring to content creator GeorgeNotFound?

Dream: Oh my god, you're so annoying.

[Both sides remain silent for approximately 4 seconds.]

Dream: Yes. I am referring to him.

Detective 404: Thank you. And according to my records, just recently, you have claimed to have found his soulmate. Is that correct?

Dream: That happened two minutes ago.

Detective 404: Is that correct?

Dream: Yes.

Detective 404: Hereby, do you also acknowledge that according to Title 3 Chapter 2 of the Soulmark Management and Protection Act, that is illegal?

[There is an approximate silence of about 5 seconds here.]

Dream: Why would you know that?

Detective 404: Do you acknowledge that passage of the law?

Dream: I acknowledge that. Yes.

Detective 404: Will you hereby also acknowledge that you are not GeorgeNotFound's soulmate and partner?

Dream: Um, yes. I am not.

[The interrogation was paused here temporarily as Detective 404 leaves the room for a bathroom break.]

[Detective 404 returns five minutes later.]

Detective 404: We may now proceed with the rest of the interrogation if you are ready.

Dream: You can-

Detective 404: Would you like to rest?

Dream: No? I was asking if you-

Detective 404: Okay. Then I will proceed with the rest of our interrogation.

Dream: George.

Detective 404: Are you ready to continue the interrogation?

Dream: If you are.

Detective 404: How long have you known George?

Dream: Six years now.

Detective 404: And how has your relationship progressed during those six years?

Dream: I mean, we started pretty close, and over the years he's just been my best friend. We talk basically every day, and our careers have been very dependent on each other. Um, I think he's a really cool guy, yeah.

Detective 404: And what has happened that prompted you to a confession?

Dream: Well, it's really a lot of things. But, um, I think, well, maybe a month ago we met up for the first time since becoming friends. It didn't go very well because I was, well. It was, well, okay frankly it was all my fault that it didn't go well. It actually began really nicely, but I didn't- Well, it had something to do with me misleading him to think that we were soulmates.