Chapter 61

The Dream Team plays a prank on the internet, called "We're Going to Post Dream's Long-Awaited Face Reveal that Also Simultaneously Reveals that Dream and George are Soulmates and then We're Going to Log Off the Internet for a Week."

So far, none of them are sure what the reactions to the hilarious prank have been, because they have all had a mutual agreement to delete social media from their phones and also restrict access from their computers. But Sapnap reckons it's absolutely fabulous, the wreckage it would have caused, and George backs him with more enthusiasm than he's ever shown. Dream is less assured than his friends, anxious about the reception of the face reveal that's been gathering momentum for so long.

People will probably be disappointed, if all the voices in his head have been right. Half of the internet expects him to be a supermodel and the other half will love and support him because they were never there for the face anyway. Clearly, the world is falling apart.

That aside, however, Dream loves the picture. He's gonna photoshop Patches in to include the entire family then get it framed and hung in the hallway.

It took some time for them to get a picture they could all agree on, because a few factors had to be present.

First, as this was the entire point of the whole ordeal, Dream's face must be showing.

Second, as part of previous negotiations and late-night talks and deliberations, George's soulmark must be showing.

Third, they had to be posed appropriately but not strangely, but also not overly casually.

Bets are on for which of these was the most difficult to accomplish.

Trick question. They were all difficult. Everyone loses.

The first one was probably more Dream's personal difficulty than anyone else's, but it was difficult anyway. It felt so bare to be in front of the camera without something blocking his face, and Dream could not put into words how achingly vulnerable it was. Something akin to ripping off your fingernail and then touching the flesh underneath it, perhaps. Except everyone in the whole world was touching your flesh, and none of them washed their hands previously. It took a mild amount of hyperventilation and a lot of support from his friends to finally get himself in front of the camera, and then some more for him to actually relax.

The second one was a struggle for everyone involved. Your inner wrist is not something to show up on pictures out of nowhere, unless to demonstrate a peace sign. However, because it was George's wrist, the idea was unanimously vetoed, because George is anything but peaceful. A few other ideas to have come out of the brainstorm involved the motion that often accompanies a chorus of "sheeeeeeesh," jazz hands, or the world's most awkward thumbs-up. All were shot down after the team decided it was cringe, strange, unnatural, or a combination of multiple of these terms. It took a lot of maneuvering and attempts to figure out something that all three of them could work with, but eventually the inverted-finger-gun-under-chin came up top. It's exactly what it sounds like.

Lastly, the pose. Dream thinks that if they played every picture they took as a frame in a video at 60 fps, they'd end up with a 30-minute short film that bizarrely showcases the various shenanigans of non-models attempting to be models. Because Dream's face needed to show clearly, George had to do his hand-thing, and Sapnap could not behave like a normal person in front of a camera, it was a great struggle to get something that was appropriate for their wide fanbase but also suited them. There's one where George is lifting Sapnap in a princess carry, and then another one where George is dropping Sapnap after the princess carry; there's one where Dream and George are literally making out in front of the camera, with Sapnap staring at the camera like he's on The Office, do not ask them about that one; Dream's personal favorite had been one where he and George posed like proud parents, each with a hand on Sapnap's shoulder, and Sapnap had temporarily held the record for World's Most Disgruntled Face. He thinks he'll frame that one too. Messing around in front of the camera had been fun, and alleviated lots of Dream's camera-shyness while giving them lots of opportunities to figure out the perfect pose.