Newbie

Adrien stepped in through the school gates, the blue sky looming over the open space above. It was blue, as to what his friends would say, or the poets he read had written.

He wasn't colour-blind, he saw just fine. Just that emotionally, nothing held meaning for him anymore, so it was like the blue mocked him for being such a downcast to this wonderful day.

He met Nino beneath the shades as always, Alya spluttering information about her new celebrity blog. Poor guy just couldn't get a break.

Nino was his best friend, who was a DJ, who was a cool dude. He had the patience of a saint at times listening to Alya, or so Adrien thought. He was usually third-wheeling, but he didn't mind, considering he didn't like all the attention and the oblivious drama between his two friends was certainly entertainment he wouldn't miss.

Alya was like Nathalie, but more human in his view. She knew everything A-Z, the latest gossip in all areas of journalism and school. She ran the local school newspaper, celebrity blog and local news blog. She was recently put in-charge for the school website, and that just boosted her 'humble' ego.

He hadn't made much friends, unless 'friends' included clingy whining annoying blondes like Chloe. He wondered if her blue eyes meant the sky.

Annoying without limits.

It didn't help with the fact that the poetry assignment, due by the end of the year was on the very shade, blue. Well, he could write some depressing things about how dark it's there...but he didn't think the teacher would appreciate his sense of reality.

He began scrolling through his schedule, scratch that. List. He wasn't human, a robot with his father only coding perfection at its finest. The day he'll use a single one of these things to actually save someone he cared for; he'll surely thank his father every day. Too bad he didn't have that someone, nor time.

Adrien went in to sit next to Nino, as Alya resided behind them with the empty seat. Alya didn't mind it, in fact it gave her much more time to focus on her blog, and avoid snitches such as Lila, Chloe and some...douchebags.

Ms. Bustier stepped in, "Class, I want you all to welcome, Ms. Marinette Dupain-Cheng."

For a second, everyone went silent as the bluenette stepped in. She wore a small maroon frock with a collar, a tiny ribbon fixed in. Her hair was in pigtails, as a beret rested on top of her head. She wore these deep red earrings, but to Adrien he observed her bluebell eyes the most. He snapped himself out sooner than the others, unaware that was a shade of blue he had to discover later.

Very soon everyone's astonishment gave away to excitement as words of shock and appreciation bubbled out of them.

Daughter of Dupain Cheng, the baker with the largest baking chain in the world. They were as rich as the Agrestes, if not more.

Adrien wondered how he never saw her, considering his father always had desserts catered by the Dupain-Chengs. But then again, considering their large chain, it was not surprising.

Ms. Bustier managed to calm everyone down, as she instructed Marinette to go sit beside Alya.

"Hello, I'm Alya Cesaire."

"Alya...as in the celebrity blogger?"

"Omg yes! You watch it?"

"Oh of course, I really admire your work on journalism. Its quite a difficult industry on writing."

Alya had shut down. AlyaCesaire.exe had stopped responding.

"I am saying nothing right now, but back in my room I'm gonna squeal till the entire neighbourhood watches my latest live stream. Mind for a photo?"